Well, I Did It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC,

If you move out of state, you use it like your always did. Residency doesn't matter once your live in OK and buy it then its good for life. Big game and everything included.

Exactly...
Same way in Kansas. When I moved to KS I had my OK lifetime and still hunted here just the same as I did when I was living here. Then I bought my KS lifetime while i was there which doesn't cover tags like ours does. But I still get to buy resident tags for $35 a pop instead of non re's which are $325.

M

malexander

Being 53 yrs old, I'm going to buy 5 yr licenses. When I was in high school, in the 70s, some of my friends parents were getting them lifetime H&F for something like $60 IIRC, even if it was $100 it was still a deal.

Marshall Alexander

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my wife got me a lifetime in 99 for our anniversary. it has paid for itself many times. i NEVER have to worry about tags. just get up and go,just that is worth the cost sometimes. malexander,53 is not to late. depending on how much you hunt it could pay for itself in a few years.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once bought, it stays bought. Unlike certain senators....

My son lives in Tx. He uses his lifetime every year for 20 some years now.

HMFIC,

If you move out of state, you use it like your always did. Residency doesn't matter once your live in OK and buy it then its good for life. Big game and everything included.

Exactly...
Same way in Kansas. When I moved to KS I had my OK lifetime and still hunted here just the same as I did when I was living here. Then I bought my KS lifetime while i was there which doesn't cover tags like ours does. But I still get to buy resident tags for $35 a pop instead of non re's which are $325.

Thanks guys, that's great news. I had no idea. I guess I need to go ahead and get mine then before they decide to raise the price again.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS, its still way cost effective!

In one year I could spend....
Hunt/fish lic- $50
6 deer tags- $120
2 turkey tags- $40
Antelope tag- $50 (you can buy two so possibly $100)
That's $260 in one year
$775 devided by $260 = 2.98 years to be paid for
That's not including the second antelope tag or an elk tag. Not to mention tag costs of the draw in hunts if you get one.

Sounds pretty cost effective to me?

Not to mention is so much less to have to think about. I can't count the times that I've asked buddies if they wanted to go turkey/deer/duck hunting* over the years and had them decline because they didn't have a tag.

just the convenience of being ready to hunt whatever you want without having to go buy an tag is worth it!

*I'm fully aware that we still have to buy the Fed Waterfowl Stamp

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least now, one can buy a tag using a smart phone, if they don't have time to go to a sporting goods store.

I just read an article yesterday that said even Federal duck stamps will be available for purchase online next year I believe.
It said you'll get a confirmation number to use until the stamp shows up in the mail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom