Well, I Did It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best investment for any type of hobby that I had done. I bought mine in 2010 and it will pay for itself shortly. It sure is nice only having to worry about having a piece of tape to write my info on after a kill. The convenience and not having to worry about it getting wet and ruined on a hunt or fishing trip is worth alot too!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best investment for any type of hobby that I had done. I bought mine in 2010 and it will pay for itself shortly. It sure is nice only having to worry about having a piece of tape to write my info on after a kill. The convenience and not having to worry about it getting wet and ruined on a hunt or fishing trip is worth alot too!

Lifetime license holders still have to put a business card, or other method on the animal before it leaves the field.
Name, license number, and date of kill.
I keep some 1/4" nylon zip ties in my backpack with name, and license number already put on there with a fine point sharpy. Then just have to add the date of kill. I write this on the inside of the zip tie, so that it won't be rubbed off while dragging the animal.
Business card down their throat works well too It doesn't even have to be yours.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard that before!

Go to the Dept and ask them if they would stop the lifetime. Then mention that they lose money on them. You will get a look like your out of your mind.
Aside from what Dennis said and I believe I've said it on here before. This is what i was told when i asked...The wildlife Dept gets federal money for every registered hunter each year. There are so many people who buy them and don't use them anymore they still get money for that they wouldn't if they only bought yearly. Like when you get to old to hunt, dads that buy their boy one when he is a baby before the price goes up eventhough that kid might not hunt for another 10 years or someone that bought it and moved out of state etc etc etc. Not to mention I was also told that it takes the Feds a long time to figure out they are giving money for dead people :)
The ODWC makes a lot of money on the lifetime lic.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Pittman-Robertson act is the fund your referring to.
Each state's apportionment is determined by a formula which considers the total area of the state and the number of licensed hunters in the state.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pittman-Robertson act is the fund your referring to.
Each state's apportionment is determined by a formula which considers the total area of the state and the number of licensed hunters in the state.

Ya that sounds about right...
So it wasn't just a bunch of BS then?
Anyway, they said the ODWC makes a lot of money off it and lifeholders are a guarantee so there is no way they would ever do away with it.

M

malexander

my wife got me a lifetime in 99 for our anniversary. it has paid for itself many times. i NEVER have to worry about tags. just get up and go,just that is worth the cost sometimes. malexander,53 is not to late. depending on how much you hunt it could pay for itself in a few years.

That's the thing. All I'm really interested in is hogs, deer (rifle only), and maybe a turkey once in a while. Mostly hogs though.

Marshall Alexander

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I am a new lifetime member, got mine this past Saturday... Paid $200.00. My wife was so happy for me, I didn't get it, she's not really into hunting or fishing.....lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom