Well that was fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go out in the back yard and do not have snow boots that fit. Tied a couple plastic bags over my shoes to keep my feet warm and dry.

Did you know there was a layer of ice under the snow? Did you also know that plastic bags and ice tend to make like ice skates, but with less traction? Glad none of you guys were here to watch me flopping around in the snow. I fell 3 times just trying to get back to the house.

Going to have to sell some stuff and buy some size 13 boots. Sadly all I can find are mediums and I wear a wide, but as little as I wear them I can stand pinched feet for a few. Brother in law gave me some 11s years ago that I never could wear and no way can I even come close to getting them on.

Anyway there are now a few X-large snow angels in my back yard. :P :P :P

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go out in the back yard and do not have snow boots that fit. Tied a couple plastic bags over my shoes to keep my feet warm and dry.

Did you know there was a layer of ice under the snow? Did you also know that plastic bags and ice tend to make like ice skates, but with less traction? Glad none of you guys were here to watch me flopping around in the snow. I fell 3 times just trying to get back to the house.

Going to have to sell some stuff and buy some size 13 boots. Sadly all I can find are mediums and I wear a wide, but as little as I wear them I can stand pinched feet for a few. Brother in law gave me some 11s years ago that I never could wear and no way can I even come close to getting them on.

Anyway there are now a few X-large snow angels in my back yard. :P :P :P
Glad you didn't break anything...

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just get you some of those slip on cleats for ice and they will just slide over the boots/shoes you have, work always supplied them for us but i never even opened the package on mine wish i had brought all of them home with me when i left.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're diabetic and on Medicare, you can get a free pair of diabetic work boots. I don't have any idea how it works, but my dad got a pair not long before cancer got him. They were pretty nice boots, as I recall.

Also, YakTrax are your friend when there's ice out.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, after you fell the first time why didn't you take the bags off? No offense....just asking......
Shoes are expensive and these are almost new. Better to keep them dry. Besides sitting there in the snow cutting off the duct tape I used to keep them up was not my idea of fun. Better to keep trying to walk. Also I am not suppose to be out in weather this cold. My doc finds out and I am going to get yet another lecture.

I did find a cheap pair of rubber boots at Walmart I am going to snag next trip. Those and a few pairs of thick socks will work for what I need.

Oh and the wife says I take after my father, to stubborn for my own good. I walked out there, I WILL walk back, :P

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're diabetic and on Medicare, you can get a free pair of diabetic work boots. I don't have any idea how it works, but my dad got a pair not long before cancer got him. They were pretty nice boots, as I recall.

Also, YakTrax are your friend when there's ice out.
I'm not on medicare but my insurance covers 1 pair per year for me, so medicare may be different. But my podiatrist sends a prescription to a specialty shoe place, I go in and get fitted, and they order the shoes. It doesn't have to be boots in my case, it's pretty much any kind of shoe they can get, I usually wear tennis shoes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not on medicare but my insurance covers 1 pair per year for me, so medicare may be different. But my podiatrist sends a prescription to a specialty shoe place, I go in and get fitted, and they order the shoes. It doesn't have to be boots in my case, it's pretty much any kind of shoe they can get, I usually wear tennis shoes.
My understanding was one set of shoes each year, my dad just chose work boots, and it was done through a podiatrist. That's a good point about the insurance, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom