Mower is trying to kill me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is was good to see you again Rick - it’s been a few years since the last time when I bought brass from you. After meeting your wife, I can safely say you married up 😂
Don't I know it! I still can not believe she puts up with me. I even show her most of the eye bleach beauties before I share them with you guys. :P

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stepdad used to say "growing old is not for sissies" ,how true the older I get ....
I didn't expect to get older. Figured I might last 30 years. Total. Retired from the USAF in late 1997, realized I was 42, and wondered what happened. Actually occured to me today that divorcing my ex and marrying my current & Future wife is probably why. Ex would have gotten me thrown in prison about 40 years ago if I'd stayed with her.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't expect to get older. Figured I might last 30 years. Total. Retired from the USAF in late 1997, realized I was 42, and wondered what happened. Actually occured to me today that divorcing my ex and marrying my current & Future wife is probably why. Ex would have gotten me thrown in prison about 40 years ago if I'd stayed with her.
I read several decades ago that within years of military retirement, a divorce is common. I too, retired from the AF in '85 and within five years...bingo! A divorce. I don't believe in divorces sicne I came from a home with multiple divorces on my mom's part but it was the best thing that could have happened. I kept my retirement, got a better wife and have money in the bank. The one that left liked to spend money and if there was any in savings it was soon gone. I remember I went ot Vietnam and lived on $30 per month and sent all the money home. I arrived at my next duty station and started receiving phone calls but wasn't present to accept them. Finally I was t work when I ansqwered the phone. She acquired a loan from Dial Finance and thought she'd paid it off but I had to do the payoff. She was living on more money than if I were in the home. Family separation pay, combat pay, overseas pay. She must have had a good time and I won;'t say anything bad about her at this time since she is the mother of my children. She's gone...GOOD!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read several decades ago that within years of military retirement, a divorce is common. I too, retired from the AF in '85 and within five years...bingo! A divorce. I don't believe in divorces sicne I came from a home with multiple divorces on my mom's part but it was the best thing that could have happened. I kept my retirement, got a better wife and have money in the bank. The one that left liked to spend money and if there was any in savings it was soon gone. I remember I went ot Vietnam and lived on $30 per month and sent all the money home. I arrived at my next duty station and started receiving phone calls but wasn't present to accept them. Finally I was t work when I ansqwered the phone. She acquired a loan from Dial Finance and thought she'd paid it off but I had to do the payoff. She was living on more money than if I were in the home. Family separation pay, combat pay, overseas pay. She must have had a good time and I won;'t say anything bad about her at this time since she is the mother of my children. She's gone...GOOD!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mowed today with the bagger on. First tire seems to be holding air since the last time I messed with it. 2nd, Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mower made a nice cut and picked up better than any bagger I have ever seen. Going over the front yard just to pick up old grass completely filled both bags. Not as good in the back yard but that was in rough shape in places. Next week should do it much better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom