Went shooting at USSA today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joltz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
can i get their website address? nevermind.....found it. HOLY COW! that place looks great.

I was there today going through my new member orientation. It's truly a Disnyland for shooters, no question. The staff is unbelievably friendly and extremely helpful. Chris Collins taught the class (I hope he doesn't mind the name drop), and I couldn't be more impressed with the presentation he gave. TOP NOTCH FACILITY!

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there today going through my new member orientation. It's truly a Disnyland for shooters, no question. The staff is unbelievably friendly and extremely helpful. Chris Collins taught the class (I hope he doesn't mind the name drop), and I couldn't be more impressed with the presentation he gave. TOP NOTCH FACILITY!

Hmmm I was in that class too with my son. Small world huh?

winterparker2b

Marksman
Reaction score
Saw them on the Shooting USA show last night with their Pro-Am shooting. That places way nice. Better than any place it seems in OKC for shooting outside and all that.

Khest

Saw that show too, very impressive!!! I have been a member of OKCGC for 5 years and my dad has been an OKCGC member since '85. Now OKC Gun Club is nothing to frown on but doesnt compare to USSA. Does USSA have a 1000 yd. range? That is something OKC has been wanting to do for years but all the nieghbors are too proud of their land.

joltz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw that show too, very impressive!!! I have been a member of OKCGC for 5 years and my dad has been an OKCGC member since '85. Now OKC Gun Club is nothing to frown on but doesnt compare to USSA. Does USSA have a 1000 yd. range? That is something OKC has been wanting to do for years but all the nieghbors are too proud of their land.

At this point, they have a 300 yd. rifle range. I heard a rumor that they may be looking at a 1000 yd. range down the road, but don't quote me on that.

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a USSA girl. In fact, have the first membership :D

Mine is on medical leave hold though....and hopefully soon will not be.

I love USSA, their facility, ammenities, and instructors. I also miss shooting IDPA there..... :crying:

Have fun out there!

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first impression was it looked like a country club for shooters. Friendly folks and lots of room to shoot. Next time you come up the pike bring some guns and shoot on a day pass.

That is exactly what they wanted it to be ''called'' when they started forming the structure for the program for civilian memberships :)

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Their long range is 300 yards. I don't know that they would have room for a 1000 yard range (even though it is a large piece of land) and since it is in the city limits and has neighbors on all four sides of the property I think that might be a bit too much yardage for the design. I've looked at the 300 yard range and wondered silently to myself how in the world I would ever hit a target from that distance!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at the 300 yard range and wondered silently to myself how in the world I would ever hit a target from that distance!

You must not have been to Red Castle and seen their iron silhouette range. 500-meter rams and 600-meter paper targets :D

In fact, that range is what keeps me going to RCGC and not joining USSA. Even if the latter is some 20 minutes closer to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom