What are you planning to read this winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Son by Philipp Meyer. My dad sent it to me. A story of 6-7 generations that homesteaded in Central Texas. Just started it and I was hooked in the first 30 pages. One thing I am sure of is that I am glad I wasn't born in the late 1800's. Holy crap,... every book I read that covers this time in America is a reminder of how easy we have it today.

Also going to start The Admirals by Walter R. Borneman. A history of our five Star Admirals that won the Pacific in WWII. That is going to be good.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to reread some Stephen Hunter boots. Soft target violent screen pale horse coming and am currently reading "the art of war" by sun tzu

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Harbinger and Brave new world... hard copies
lord I have 20 books on my kindle to get too.... currently on the Breakers series (book 1 ), the next holding their own ( book VI ), Enemies: Foreign and Domestic and the following 2 books, The last "Remaining" book and a very long list of other books... looks like I will be tying the man cave ( the bathroom ) up for a while!

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few I need to finish.

American Gun
How to Drive a Tank and Other Everyday Tips for the Modern Gentleman

I also read textbooks for fun. I'm trying to learn design patterns and C# this year, since it seems like those skills are in high demand around these parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom