What are YOU prepping for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If any of you have seen the show Doomsday Preppers you'll know that they all have very specific "Doomsday" scenarios. I imagine that a lot of this is how the show is edited since it would be very stupid to prepare for only one issue.
I'm interested in hearing why you're prepping and what scenario(s) do you think are most likely to happen?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
unemployment
utility outtages
economic downfall
martial lawwar
cataclysmic earth changing events
zombies
plauge

Yep, I pretty much started prepping in highschool when I read Stephen King's The Stand. I didn't care for the religious aspect of it, but the super flu and tribalism of people...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont prep for anything in particular. My plan is easily modified to cover several situations.

I try to prep practically for common natural disasters.

If the gov fails its every man for himself, not much you can do except defend yourself.

I dont prep for zombies but i have a plan.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a prepper show this past weekend on a family who is storing up goods for doomsday. He doesn't believe in guns so hes training his family in hand to hand arts and weapons.
His alarm system is birds. He places bird feeders on the perimeter and throughout his property for an alarm system and has learned the birds language. Very interesting concept but a well armed persons storeroom in my opinion to take when needed. Can't relate to the no firearm defense.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a prepper, but I find it fascinating. A lot of people think the idea is crazy, but when a storm knocks out your power for days in the middle of winter it suddenly seems less so.

Personally I'd just have a hard time NOT shooting all the ammo I'd stock piled.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Katrina is a prime example. Yea it wasn't full out TEOTWAWKI but it was just like a scene from that book THE ROAD that i had to read in highschool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom