What demon critter is doing this to my yard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To get rid of grubs cheap n easy with no poison involved, go to the dollar store and buy a large box or 3 of powdered laundry detergent. Sprinkle all over the area you suspect there are grubs and turn on the water sprinkler for an hour.
The whitening ingredient, I'm trying to remember the name but I think its Sodium percarbonate, AKA, sodium carbonate peroxide, and that will drive them up to die quickly. Dont use too much water too fast, just enough to mimic a 1/4" or 3/8" of rain. I have done this and it worked overnight.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0254.jpeg

IMG_0255.jpeg

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had holes like that showing up in large numbers. Kept checking out the window at night with a flashlight before bed or if I got up in the night. After a couple weeks finally one night I looked out and there was 2 huge armadillos! I jumped out the door and headshot them with 12ga high velocity #4s. They jumped around like crazy! Chicken with its head cut off on crack.

Coons and skunks will dig like that too though.

Pest control is one of the exciting parts of living in a rural area lol

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a month ago the area around the front stoop in mamas flower bed started smelling of pee pretty bad and piles of poop were present so trying to play nice I called animal control first and they told me that they had live traps that I could sign out, told them thanks anyway but I had one.

Stopped by Dollar General and bought some el cheapo canned cat food for bait....must have been a whole herd of them hanging around the circle because I caught four in six nites till I quit catching them and now no more pee smell and poop piles.

I haul them off to a wooded area on the other side of the river not far from the range and release them unharmed....thought about asking @swampratt if he had a good recipe for them but I was afraid that he'd actually have one. :)

piat.jpg

Last edited:

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came home from a week long work trip and found about a dozen of these little holes dug out in my lawn. Can anyone tell me what type of varmint is doing this, and any possible remedies?

View attachment 511178

View attachment 511179

View attachment 511180

View attachment 511181

I came home from a week long work trip and found about a dozen of these little holes dug out in my lawn. Can anyone tell me what type of varmint is doing this, and any possible remedies?

View attachment 511178

View attachment 511179

View attachment 511180

View attachment 511181
I’m thinking armadillos. Are they like my holes? .22 CBD shorts out of long barrel 22 single or bolt is the fix.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpeg
    IMG_3112.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3112.jpeg
    IMG_3112.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom