What Do You Think About This Mini-Sub deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many trips that sub took previously and if any thought was given to what it's usable life was. Like after 3 dives (my arbitrary number) it would be time to retire that vessel for a brand new one. Surely the pressures take a toll on the structure trip after trip.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many trips that sub took previously and if any thought was given to what it's usable life was. Like after 3 dives (my arbitrary number) it would be time to retire that vessel for a brand new one. Surely the pressures take a toll on the structure trip after trip.
Every other solid material I'm aware of stress cracks after repeated stresses.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone seen exactly how deep they were when they lost contact at one hour and forty-five minutes? Were they already on the bottom?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen exactly how deep they were when they lost contact at one hour and forty-five minutes? Were they already on the bottom?
I think I recall it's about a 2 hour trip... If so they were at least getting close. Insh'allah, it was too quick to notice. The kid didn't really want to go, but went as a Father's Day gift to his dad. Hope his dad didn't know he'd killed his son, too.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I think I recall it's about a 2 hour trip... If so they were at least getting close. Insh'allah, it was too quick to notice. The kid didn't really want to go, but went as a Father's Day gift to his dad. Hope his dad didn't know he'd killed his son, too.
Insh'allah?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah father son bonding trip they said, son was reluctant to go.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insh'allah?
"God Willing", in Arabic. Pakistanis are mostly Muslims. I didn't know many Pakis, but lived in Turkey for 3 years, 7 months in Saudi Arabia for Desert Shield/Desert Storm, and a month or so in Morocco.

The phrase has been compared to the Spanish "Manana", but without the sense of urgency of the Spanish word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom