What does concealed really mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been one precedent set in OK by a judge. Seeing the holster is not the same as seeing the gun or the outline of the gun. That's one reason I use a holster that completely covers the end of the barrel, as opposed to something like a Yaqui slide.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I took my Utah class from Rod Snell and according to him seeing an OWB holster is not the same as seeing a pistol, so if your holster covers the muzzle you are good even if your shirt rides up and exposes the bottom of the holster.

I "think" he said this had been successfully argued in OK court.

I'd PM him for more info about it.

I'm dumb, he already posted before I did, just didn't see it.

benschne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been one precedent set in OK by a judge. Seeing the holster is not the same as seeing the gun or the outline of the gun. That's one reason I use a holster that completely covers the end of the barrel, as opposed to something like a Yaqui slide.

Do you know where I can find information about this precedent? Like when, where, circumstances, etc?

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed = Hidden or not visible

How simple can it be put, people. Hidden or not visible! Had a fellow today ask me where my gun was? He had no idea if I had one on while I was working, he could not see it, and I simply told him if he could not see it then so be it. He still, after the conversation knows whether or not I had a gun on. I was being being very polite, especially, since he was from out of state, as many of the people I meet are. Point is, it was none of his business where my gun was, or if I had one, which I did, just after many years I have as many have, found many ways to conceal and NO it wasn't in ;my britches pocket in a pocket holster. Just be comforted by the fact that I had one, or two and you may not have noticed. Who cares, so long as it is CONCEALED!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so long as no one can tell you are carrying ... you are fine.

that said, it's amazing what one can get away with and not have folks notice. normally folks are not watching to see if anyone is carrying.

it's amazing what folks normally carry in their pockets. loads of people carry rather large leatherman tools. the same for large screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pocket knives, etc. hanging out of pockets.

too simple to use a pocket holster with a j frame.
sure it prints, but can you tell what it is?

it could be a wallet or checkbook or what ever....

Latest posts

Top Bottom