What Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't bug out...I'm in the middle of nowhere anways, lol.

I think all I'd want is my 10/22 with a case of ammo and my Glock 35 with 9mm converison barrel as well. All the ammo I could carry...Maybe my .260 bolt gun if I had the ammo and room...

If I'm on foot or had to go light I'd have a 10/22 with a case of ammo!!

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day I was thinking about how useful an AR-15 pistol would be as a primary Bug Out weapon. Consider this....If you live in a medium to large town you will not want to be running around with a long gun because you will get a lot of attention. If it is for defense then you will probably not be shooting that far anyhow. If you are planning on fighting a 300 yard firefight then OK but IMO you should probably save your ammo and run away. Chances are if you are confronted and a situation arises that you would be justified to use deadly force it will be at normal talking distances, like 5-30ft. Sure a regular handgun would work but if you had an AR pistol you would have a reasonably concelable weapon that packs a lot of firepower. If the 0.001% situation did come up where longer range work was mandatory then it would be possible to reach out to 150-200 yards with ease. Yes the .223 out of a 7.5-11 inch barrel nothing compared to if it was fired out of a 16 inch barrel but it is still a lot more than most handgun rounds. Besides you do not have to kill a person to stop a fight. If things get bad enough to bug out then any wound from any bullet would likley be lethal due to infection. The idea of dying a horrible death that is drawn out will take a lot of the fight out of folks. Just a thought that I had...........What do you all think.
CHEERS

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be just me, but an AR pistol seems a bit 'gang-banger' to me. I've fired an M-16 with a 10" barrel some and it was dazzling to say the least, so I'd guess, a pistol would be worse.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cant carry an AR pistol because it is still too long. Over 16". Even with a 7.5" barrel and short buffer tube its still an 1.5" too long.

I guess if you are saying it wont matter if shtf but at that point go ahead and carry the rifle, walking around looking unarmed could make you look like a good target too.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well in a SHTF situation conceled carry legalities aside I was just thinking that a rifle or shotgun was just a little too obvious. It is not the threat that you see that will take you out it is the threat that you do not see that is the one to worry about. I agree that the noise and muzzle flash out of a short barrled rifle caliber pistol is a little unsettling but there are some things that can be done about the muzzle flash at least. I run an AAC three prong flash hider on my 10.5 inch AR15 and it does a fantastic job of knocking the flash down. I will agree with you guys with the idea that a rifle is tops in a SHTF situation...without a doubt. I also understand that the AR-15 pistol is not perfectly concelable but rather it is small enough that when carried it does not give that distinctive outline of a full on rifle. I think if done right it would be easily carried in a manner that would almost keep it completly hidden untill the time when it was needed.

I still have some tweaking on my AR-15 pistol before I get all the bugs worked out and figure out how far I can engage a target with it but so far I have no reason to think that it wont be effective out to at least 200 yards and possibly further than that.
Unfortunatly by the time I get it worked out the NFA paperwork will be back and the AR-15 pistol will have a stock on it.

Thanks for your input.............CHEERS

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had to choose only two from my safe, 1911 hi cap .45 & scoped lever action .45 carbine. 2 weapons, 1 ammo supply, covers me at ranges from point blank to 200 meters.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the purchase of a tactical machining integral suppressed 10-22 takedown rifle. I'd like to then modify a butler creek folding stock to fit it. That would make a small, suppressed package that could by hidden fairly easy and have the benefit of being quiet and cheap to feed. The gun is $1195. and of course the $200 bull$hit, but what a cool platform...

marshalldylan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's say it's a zombie attack, I would take my glock 26. Since glock is so popular, you're bound to find additional mags out there on the street and plenty of parts to repair it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom