What Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one but not for defense. I was thinking of more practical reasons. A hatchet or machete and a prybar or crowbar would come in handy in a SHTF situation. You never know, circumstances could force you into a wooded area or to force open a door, maybe in search of supplies or firewood.

Oh not knocking it by any means, machette, crowbar, bolt cutters, and possibly even a demo bar if at a fixed location/mobility not a huge concern would be great tools post shtf. But ya gotta admit there is a larger than avergae number of machette attack sin Ok vs other states lol.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh not knocking it by any means, machette, crowbar, bolt cutters, and possibly even a demo bar if at a fixed location/mobility not a huge concern would be great tools post shtf. But ya gotta admit there is a larger than avergae number of machette attack sin Ok vs other states lol.

I don't watch much television so I haven't been keeping up. Maybe I should start, though. How will I know if it's the end if I'm not watching for it?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12 ga shotgun with 18" and 28" barrel

Battle rifle of some sort (AK, AR, FAL, etc). I'd recommend picking one caliber and sticking with it.

22lr. rifle (Can't go wrong with a 10/22 or the M&P 15/22)

Defensive pistol, pick your flavor (Glock, XD, Sig, M&P, etc) - But I'd recommend sticking to one caliber. Easier to buy in bulk.

To me, these would be the minimum. Of course, as much ammo as you can afford for each.

A plus, would be a good bolt action with good glass. I personally like the 308, but whatever makes you happy.

This is just my opinion of course.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my 44 Mag....My Ithaca Mag 10 Roadblocker....my 458 Win Mag bolt, but I am such a fan of the lowly 22. Reliable (mostly) cheap to own and cheap to shoot, can bring lots of ammo, suitable for game gathering or defense in a pinch,etc.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Tulsa today. Cold, overcast and CROWDED. As much as I hate to say this I am going to go ahead and say it. If you plan on carrying a long gun then you might want to rethink that. I mean unless the Zombies come and start eating peoples faces then having a rifle or a shotgun will just make you a target. I took a long look at my Bug Out Plan, that I think will work for where I live, and it would not work in a large urban environment. SO I was thinking that, for Tulsa at least, I would just leave my vehicle with a handgun, extra magazines and my BOB but I would leave my longgun in the car. Yes I know that I leave a potential huge resource behind but I will gain another tactical advantage by not sticking out either. The name of the game would be to blend in with the sheep and only use my weapon if absolutly required. So the next time I go to Tulsa I will throw in a couple of extra magazines for my G19 and I think that will cover it. But I will keep my long gun ready to go for my Bug Out Plan. CHEERS

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe in the evil things and that's why I don't own any, but to just play along.

A dressed up RRA mid-length A4 accessorized with Magpul, Troy, Vtac, Aimpoint, and Larue products. Along with a Glock 23 (40 S&W) and a Browning Buckmark (22) scoped pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom