What is 22 long rifle worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torrin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, that's too high for that amount depending on the brand/ type of ammo. Maybe they figure because they are offering a large purchase it's worth that for the opportunity to buy a large quantity. Anyway, you should be able to get your money back out of it... But it would be a lot easier if you got it at .06 cents a round.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize don't you, that the SECOND you make that payment, the 22lr drought will magically end and 22lr will be everywhere and falling off the shelves and stores will be damn near giving it away...........lol

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will (and have) gone as high as $.07 a round for CCI Mini-Mags, but for generic bulk .22 $.05 is about the limit of "reasonable" pricing. For instance - my wife and I stopped in at the Academy just off NW Expressway when I had a nearby appointment a few weeks ago and bought a couple of 525 packs for $21.99 +tax each.

The only problem with .22LR availability has been an artificially created shortage by the scalpers buying it up to sell for 4x to 5x what they paid for it. And even that's getting better - the last couple of times I went for groceries at WM they had .22LR in stock; didn't buy any because I didn't want to pay $.07 a round for what I could get a mile away for .05 (or less).

So ... yeah ... as others have said, .08 for that large a lot is about double what I'd consider "reasonable".

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have it bought at 7 cents. Just trying to decide to or not. I sure as hell don't need it all. I am thinking 7 is not to bad with gas prices and having to hunt it down. I would like to put back 20k.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you might be over estimating gas prices. Most folks I know don't drive around looking for .22lr...they pick it up whenever they find it while out doing other stuff. That's how I got the last 1k+rounds I bought.

Now, your .07 per round will sound good to many when they figure in Internet orders and shipping charges...

Latest posts

Top Bottom