What is it and what's it worth #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same story as last one, he has 3 total and they're completely out of my wheelhouse.
Here's #2
imagejpeg_0.jpg
IMG_20220717_160358921.jpg
IMG_20220717_160320299.jpg
IMG_20220717_160310466.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool and should have some collectors interest with the condition it is in. I do not remember if that model came with a dust cover, if so it appears to be missing. Everything else looks good.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All feedback has been appreciated. We are still trying to figure a few things out but they will likely be available here. I will post when the time comes. Any additional info and value estimates are appreciated!

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as finding value, do not use GunBroker as a guide. The 30.06 is worth a shooters price, 250-350 imo.
This one you should contact a legit milsurp dealer. Someone who really knows what they are talking about or take it to Wannamacher.
I would dare to say OKC isn't the place to find someone who would be really knowledgeable on it.
(Disclaimer this is from my personal experiences with the local gunshops here and not an attack on anyone's business).
Simpson LTD out of Galesburg Illinois or an Arisaka forum could probably be a lot of help.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, you need to find someone who knows the Arisaka and its variants.

That looks like a very clean rifle in good shape.
The intact imperial chrysanthemum on the receiver is worth a premium.
Weapons in post war occupied Japan had the mum ground off.
War captures usually have them intact.

Check to see if all the serial numbers match. That will bring a premium as well.

Also check to see if there is a repair to the stock under the forward barrel band.
It was common for GI's to take the gun apart and cut the stock under the barrel band.
The disassemble parts and cut stock fit into a duffel bag and they could get it home.
Once home, they put the trophy back together without a lot of effort and the cut was hidden.

This is a cool WWII collectable and not in the same class as the other two guns.
If I had it, I would hang on to it.

Cant quote a price, because they are not my thing.

Getting prices - you can go to the shows, but many folks there have prices that are unrealistic. More of a "if you are willing to pay that I will let it go, but I am not serious about selling it" price.

If you price them on-line, check the completed sales, not the asking prices.
You can also check major auction houses.

Just remember, anything on line is well advertised and winning auction bids are someone paying more than anyone else would pay for it. Don't expect that kind of value in a face to face private sale.

Be realistic about the condition of the gun. It greatly affects value.

Latest posts

Top Bottom