What is the absolute worst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time in southern Oklahoma, I worked as a pipeline doper - July & August, creek bottoms, high sulphur content hot tar, fiberglass insulation (old type), wrapped by hand, no breaks except for lunch. I lasted about 3 weeks.

your a better man than I am, I would have lasted 1 day! unless I were married and had 2 children like I do now. It's amazing what we will put up with for the sake of others (wife, kids).

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say working as a detention officer for oklahoma county sheriff. It was super depressing each day having to go to work. I did it for about a year and finally quit. The pay was even worse then the horribly unsafe working conditions

Man we must have been twins seperated at birth. LOL. I still say to this day that was the worst experience of my whole life!

But without all the crappyness of the job, and knowing for a fact that was not what I wanted to do, would not have the greatest job in the entire world now. Educator for an elementry school. Thank you God for the bad and the GOOD!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys who worked as detention officers ... I have only been down in the jail once (when I went on that ride along with GC) ... OMG I don't know how ya'll did it ... that's got to be the most depressing building I have ever been in ... I felt like I needed to shower with Lysol and see a therapist when I got home ... bleech

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys who worked as detention officers ... I have only been down in the jail once (when I went on that ride along with GC) ... OMG I don't know how ya'll did it ... that's got to be the most depressing building I have ever been in ... I felt like I needed to shower with Lysol and see a therapist when I got home ... bleech

Oh that's nothing Patty, I remember one night myself and another officer were called to a floor to let an inmate out to clean his cell when it flooded from the toilet, we let the inmate and his bunkmates out on the tier and the one cleaned it all up. The problem was, when my partner was looking through the cell for whatever, he turns around when the inmate finishes and gets and eye and face full of toilet mop water from the splashing in the bucket. He is pissed, goes and cleans himself up, but later his eyes start getting red and puffy. soon they are both draining gewey, thick, nasty fluid, his eyes are all crusted over and he can't see. I had to actually be his eyes when I took him to the nurse. Diagnosis, the worst case of staph infection she had ever seen that was not in an open wound.

That place was filthy, awful, depressing, and very, very unsafe. Most people don't believe it when I tell them how easy it is for any inmate to rig thier door to open with just a spoon, or paper! and then get at when they want to. AND REMEBER THERE ARE RAPIST, MURDERS, AND OTHERS inside. But they would always stress how important our safety was to them! Give me a break!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your a better man than I am, I would have lasted 1 day! unless I were married and had 2 children like I do now. It's amazing what we will put up with for the sake of others (wife, kids).

I was young and macho, but it didn't last long. It did last longer than cutting broom corn.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals what is the ABSOLUTE WORST JOB you have EVER had in your life???

Either paid or un-paid (maybe something forced into, ect.) and no, prision doesn't count! LOL...

I can honestly say mine would be working for OCSO as a detention officer for a year, God that job SUCKED!!!!!!!!

KP in the Army.

Civilian life? Toss up between house painter and safeway employee as the worst.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either Cook at KFC or walmart or grinder at AXH air coolers. All sucked for different reasons. KFC just sucked because of rude people and low pay,same with walmart. AXH I worked with a bunch of felonious ex cons and illegal immigrants who could speak like 3 words of english...yes,no and clean lol. It was hard very hot work

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stocking shelves overnight at walmart during the summer in high school. The horror of working there is simply unexplainable.

I just noticed your signature. I'm honored x2!

Come one danny tanner you need to reply to this one. I can't wait to hear your story, maybe cleaning up expolsive ketchup packet diarrhea at Tinker! LOL....

Ha, sorry to disappoint, but my worst job was working the register at the Texaco at 23rd and I-35. It's the one that had the Burger King attached to it. The BK has been closed for a few years and the gas station portion may be closed out now, too. This was during a dry spell that my home wiring job went through. I was used to being up and around doing stuff on my feet all day, climbing ladders, and walking across lateral beams and yet standing up for 9 hours was horrible. We had no seat or stool to rest at in between customers, we couldn't lean against the counter, and we had no rubber floor mat to give some cushion and comfort. I never would have thought standing up for 9-10 hours would be way more stressful on my body than 8+ hours of physical labor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom