What Is the Cheapest Way to Watch TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get this 200 mile antenna from Amazon that comes with a rotator. I have one for my shop TV. Works great to pick up OKC and Tulsa channels. I could probably get Wichita but the building blocks that direction.

[Newest 2020] Five Star Outdoor Digital Amplified HDTV Antenna - up to 200 Mile Long Range,Directional 360 Degree Rotation,HD 4K 1080P FM Radio, Supports 5 TVs Plus Installation Kit and Mounting Pole https://a.co/d/9f6sSv4

Then get a Roku streaming stick + that makes a dumb TV smart using home WiFi.

Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Portable Roku Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision, Roku Voice Remote, Free & Live TV https://a.co/d/aPPQX12

Then you can access all the Roku channels the folks above have suggested.
Once and done with free tv from now on unless you want to subscribe to some streaming channels.

About $140 for both units.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get this 200 mile antenna from Amazon that comes with a rotator. I have one for my shop TV. Works great to pick up OKC and Tulsa channels. I could probably get Wichita but the building blocks that direction.

[Newest 2020] Five Star Outdoor Digital Amplified HDTV Antenna - up to 200 Mile Long Range,Directional 360 Degree Rotation,HD 4K 1080P FM Radio, Supports 5 TVs Plus Installation Kit and Mounting Pole https://a.co/d/9f6sSv4

Then get a Roku streaming stick + that makes a dumb TV smart using home WiFi.

Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Portable Roku Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision, Roku Voice Remote, Free & Live TV https://a.co/d/aPPQX12

Then you can access all the Roku channels the folks above have suggested.
Once and done with free tv from now on unless you want to subscribe to some streaming channels.

About $140 for both units.
If you are in the metro area you should have no problem picking up local channels with $30-$40 Amazon antenna

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who has time to watch tv? :anyone:

I do not think I turned the tv on in 3 or 4 months!

I have the tv plugged into a power strip so it can be truely be shut off and not be sucking up electricity for nothing!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are in the metro area you should have no problem picking up local channels with $30-$40 Amazon antenna
True, but the OP is in Ponca City, 100 miles from OKC and Tulsa. I’ve been in his Home/location. It’s heavily wooded with old growth trees that can obstruct over the air TV signals, hence the suggestion to use the 200 mile antenna that will pick up a weak signal.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have internet service, the cheapest way to watch TV is ROKU!!!!!!!!!!! As well as being to future only way!!
A ROKU device is not needed if you have a smart TV. The free app can be downloaded and installed on a smart TV if you want the ROKU service.

I use a ROKU device in the RV and in our home media room to stream - both have pre-smart televisions in them. The other televisions in the house are smart tvs that don’t need a ROKU device to stream.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally cutting ATT Uverse after all these years. Keeping internet and have Samsung TV with over 200 channels.

I need a package that gets Discovery, History , A&E, etc. My son has Roku. A lot of options out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom