What is this I hear TAXES $$$XXXXX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the purpose of the NFA in 1934 in the first place. Those were the days of Al Capone and Bonnie and Clyde. Anyone could buy a machine gun over the counter if you could afford it. The tax was set at $200.00 per gun to keep them out of the hands of the general public. People were digging ditches for $1.00 a day trying to feed their families. Only the rich could afford the tax AND the gun.

Since the machine gun ban of 1986 the prices have skyrocketed. An M-16 that could be bought or built on a Form-1 was about $400.00 plus the tax. Now they’re around $25-30k. Where are the lawsuits when that happened?

The difference was Scalia's opinion on Heller.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it could easily be found to be unconstitutional as it is taxing the ability to exercise a right guaranteed in the Constitution/BoR. No different than a tax on voting or a tax on speech.

Eff 'em and feed 'em fishheads.

Besides sales tax, we pay a Sportsmans tax on guns as well as most hunting and fishing products. This is what finances most public land. They could simply raise this tax.

From what I read on this bill it is $800 per year to own a gun. This part seems racist to me because of the people it will hurt the most.

This would make guns unaffordable to everyone except the wealthy. It’s a good thing I don’t own any guns.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the I just heard from my camshaft grinder that listens to talk radio.
I researched it and came up with just the $200 tax stamp but other bill presented to raise taxes on guns and ammo.

H.R. 5717
Google that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom