What is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt public land here in Stephens county. Someone recently has put some device out here. Wasn't here when I hung my stand 5 days ago. It's a long black cord and a box on the ground called nature view. Flagged and numbers on the flags. Ever seen or heard of anything like it? I'll try and get a better pic tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 271

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a shot in the dark, but there are wind farms going up all over the place. could this equipment be something that has to do with that? if you run into someone working with Blatner energy, ask if they or some other contracted company associated with the wind farm project uses this equipment. Otherwise it's probably some Xfile stuff that big brother wants to keep hush hush. [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did the cord go? Did it disappear into the woods only to be attached to another similar device? If so it could be a geophone used to detect vibrations when seismic shaker trucks are being used in the area.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't follow it. I was headed to the stand and didn't want to get scent everywhere. Did see another flag while I was in the tree. About 50 yards east of the one I saw. I'll get more information off the box tomorrow.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When oil/gas exploration folks were all over NW OK, they had those boxes strung all over my place, and they picked up most of them. I still find a couple a year that they missed. Don't know what they're for but don't seem to bother anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom