What Justice Scalia's passing means....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And? That goes to your suggestion that since the people voted for Obama we have no choice. My point was that the Senate has a say, and the people voted for them too.

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Personally I don't think they should stall until after the election, but they aren't required to rubber stamp the nomination either.
I never said we have no choice. I think the constitution gives the president the power to nominate a justice, and it also gives the senate the power to disapprove or approve the nominee as they see fit. I don't see any reason to stall, nor see any reason to rubber stamp anyone. This should be a fairly straightforward process.

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it means nothing. The constitution either allows the criminals in suits to do what they do or powerless to stop the criminals in suits from doing what they're doing.

Either way it's worthless. Unless of course it's your religious document then it gives you something to place your faith on. Gives you hope that the imperfect criminals you select will somehow, miraculously, produce perfect results that will allow you to be free, which it fails at doing miserably.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does it mean?

Well big government definitely wins. If you think the usa should have control of who comes into our country, how long they stay and when they leave you lose. I am sure the second amendment loses.

I guess if you believe in America that was the greatest nation ever scalia dying is very bad. If you dream of some utopia where everyone gets the same results without the same effort and people get a pass because of what happened hundreds of years ago you will be glad to see a new justice.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it means nothing. The constitution either allows the criminals in suits to do what they do or powerless to stop the criminals in suits from doing what they're doing.

Either way it's worthless. Unless of course it's your religious document then it gives you something to place your faith on. Gives you hope that the imperfect criminals you select will somehow, miraculously, produce perfect results that will allow you to be free, which it fails at doing miserably.

That's not technically correct. The Constitution is worth whatever you're willing to do to uphold it. If all you're willing to do is talk or type, then that's all it's worth. If you're willing to put up money in court to defend it, then that's what it's worth. If you're willing to take up arms to defend it, then that's what it's worth.

The Constitution in and of itself is meaningless. What you do with it is entirely up to you.

Obama just announced he will not attend Scalia's funeral.

That's a significant admission on his part. He might not agree, but he's not entitled to his own set of facts.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama just announced he will not attend Scalia's funeral.
What an ass.
If you dream of some utopia where everyone gets the same results without the same production and people get a pass because of what happened hundreds of years ago you will be glad to see a new justice.

Fixed it for you. I don't care what effort you put in, I care what you produce. Would you pay the same price to guy who plowed a hundred square feet as the guy who plowed an acre, just because he sweated just as much?

Latest posts

Top Bottom