What kind of grill do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is my newest one i have built. this was on test night. the overall size is 4' round, with a 3/8" thick bottom, the edges set higher and angle to the middle, in the center you have a 6" round 10" deep chute to act as a dump or charcoal holder to get the fire started if need be. there is a small handle that sticks about 2" out on the side that opens the chute to clean it out. i made trays that slide down the long poles and you are able to put them at any height above the fire. one tray can hold pots and pans the other holds a grill to hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, etc.... i also put some tabs on it that hold a rotisserie so that you can adjust that accoding to height above the fire. when not cooking, you got a fire pit, tall enough to put your legs under and you can swing the trays out and they make a great beverage holder of you choice.

View attachment 28062

if anyone is interested hit me up and we can talk about making one, a variety of diameters and thickness'....

That's pretty sweet... I like the concept.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'll croak before my Weber Summit stainless...it has several great features like the quickness of a gas grill, a smoker box, a side burner and an infrared rotisserie which makes the best chicken ever plus lots of other stuff. I've always been a fan of the charcoal flavor but if I want it now I can put a couple briquettes or wood chips in the smoker box and get the same flavor with the speed and ease of gas.

carry guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an Aussie charcoal grill I bought a few years ago for forty bucks. I'm only usually cooking for 2-3 people and its size handles that pretty well (for cooking just the meat). I clean it up after use and while I recognize it won't last forever, I've already enjoyed using it for four seasons. I also appreciate its compact profile that allows for easy storage.

I've done propane in the past and find myself preferring charcoal cooking. YMMV.

Were I to upgrade, I'd definitely check out the Big Green Eggs and Hasty-Bakes. I've eaten some great meats cooked on both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom