What kind of offer would it take for you to move to a different job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious, in today's job market, if you have a stable job what kind of offer from another company would entice you to move? I love my current job and what I do, but I have the potential for increasing my current salary by 30-40k/year if I take a position with another company. I'm wrestling with the whole love your job versus money thing. What would some of you do?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As long as it was in a free state and the wife agreed, I don't think there would be much problem with it.
Edit; wait wait wait, you said you love your job! Cancel my first thought.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with peanut.
if you love your job you probably like the people you work with.
hard to put a price on either.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a $30k-$40k increase in pay, I'd call and quit my old job from the office of my new job. Its great and wonderful to love your job, but loving your job doesn't pay the bills.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to not look at pay increase so much as happiness and benefits. Now a days you have to consider stuff like 401k, insurance, xmas club, etc etc. Those are major deal breakers for me. Also I like to factor in the cost of commuting with today's gas prices.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would the transition require an actual move of residence? If it is the same type of work that you enjoy, and you are pretty sure you would like the other company with no moving involved I'd probably go for it. But, if your current job has good job security, and it keeps you financially stable, and you enjoy it then that is a tough question.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it meant my wife could stay home with our baby, and that we would not have to give the standard of living we have become accustomed to..... I would bounce in a heartbeat.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I love my job so much, the people I work with, and the benefits that come with it...I'd have to be offered at least a $100,000 more a year to even consider it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom