What OC do you use and how do you carry it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about adding OC to my carry setup which typically involves a horizontally belt mounted Cold Steel Brave Heart and either a G19 IWB and/or PM9 in the pocket.

I'm looking for good advice on what OC to buy, but more importantly how do you carry it.

Thanks,

Alan

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought this UDAP pepper kit. If I am out walking the neighborhood where the stray dogs are I just carry the big one in my hand. Otherwise I carry my Glock, or my Swiss army knife or one of the smaller cans of pepper spray. I've never seen the need to carry more then one.

[Broken External Image]

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry Fox pepper spray in my front pocket. I would guess (from reading previous threads) that the most popular sprays are Saber Red and Fox. Saber Red probably being the most commonly carried...due to greater availability.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry pepper spray. It sucks, is somewhat indescriminant and I've yet to see it stop someone (dogs included) who really wanted to fight. I've only seen it stop people (and dogs) that half @$$ed wanted to get after it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont carry oc but i need to. I'd probably go with sabre red. I seen an epidode of cops where this guy was in a bar somewhere and refused to leave. He was doing tae kwon do moves or something and the cops maced him repeatedly and it didnt faze him a bit.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry pepper spray. It sucks, is somewhat indescriminant and I've yet to see it stop someone (dogs included) who really wanted to fight. I've only seen it stop people (and dogs) that half @$$ed wanted to get after it.

I agree 100%.....not very effective on dogs at all only slightly more effective on people....I've been hit several times with pepper spray and every single time I could fight through it. Every time I've used it on someone I had to continue fighting them and ended up getting the spray on me as well. If you decide to get and carry spray please, please, please don't think that it will be a magic button and be aware of it's serious limitations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom