What Pissed You Off Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, an OHP Trooper was in a class with me, and he said that the secret about those fines being doubled in a construction zone was that only the fine itself (which is often a minimal part of the money paid) is doubled.

The bigger issue is that some DAs and municipal courts have figured out that they can tap that revenue stream just like law enforcement, so most of what you're paying isn't the actual fine, it's all the associated fees that get tacked onto it. There was a move to squash that in Oklahoma a few years ago, but I don't know what happened to it. It's probably like the move to squash civil forfeiture--deader than dirt. I know a friend of my dad's was up in arms because his grandson got a $200 ticket for going 1mph over the limit, but that was a few years ago.

As the old saying goes, don't steal--the government hates competition.
That was a bored or pissed off cop. That was surely thrown out in court. Speedometers aren't even that accurate.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not pissed, but sad. My dog brought in what was left of one of my cat's collar that has been missing for about a week. I became a mess.
Left my windows cracked for the first time because of the heat. Last night we ended up having a storm of biblical proportions that filled up my weatherstom floormats.
WTF!
cussing.gif

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not pissed, but sad. My dog brought in what was left of one of my cat's collar that has been missing for about a week. I became a mess.
Left my windows cracked for the first time because of the heat. Last night we ended up having a storm of biblical proportions that filled up my weatherstom floormats.
WTF!
cussing.gif
Another storm on the way. ROLL UP YOUR WINDOWS.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve Kerr is such a tool . . .

Even though fear mongering is an age old political tactic, it is still STUNNING that we have an American president who refuses to condemn a vigilante double murderer. Are we going to vote Trump out or actually buy into his divisive, racist BS. Who wants another 4 years of this??

https://twitter.com/SteveKerr/status/1300545480040931328

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doing what is hopefully the last mowing of the year, and the riding mower stops cutting. Get it parked and find a pulley in the yard?

Latest posts

Top Bottom