What Pissed You Off Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever bee going 30 over the limit and blip off the officers radar and get a verbal warning and a welcome to the town?
I must have got lucky :) Wife did also but I think she was going 40 over

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I can't think of a thing that really got me PO'd today. There were a few WTF moments at lunch, though--when I ordered fried okra, I wasn't expecting lightly-battered fried whole okra pods. You wouldn't think someone could screw up fried okra, but, dang, that was almost as bad as boiled okra. Heck, even the frozen okra nuggets stuff would've been better. The guy who picked up my plate asked if I wanted to finish the okra, and all I could say was "nope."

And they drizzled bbq sauce over my sliced brisket. That's a huge no-no for me; if I want sauce on it, I'll put sauce on it.

And to top it off, their fountain drinks were Pepsi products. At least they had Dr. Pepper, so that wasn't a complete write-off. (And what the heck is it with you damn Yankee Tulsans? The restaurants around this place are overrun with Pepsi. Might as well drink the dang Arkansas water as that stuff.)

But even all that didn't make me mad, just disappointed that I didn't go on down the road to Slim Chickens. At least they have decent drinks and proper fried okra.

Latest posts

Top Bottom