what scares you when walking it or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what is going through your mind when you are walking in very early in the morning pitch black are you thinking about cougars?...what about a deer attacking you? ..coyote, escaped convicts?

for some reason i always think that something is just going to scare the hell out of me when i am walking in, or walking out.

is this just crap in my head? is there really anything that can hut me out there or am i just being weak about it?

lets hear some stories of stuff that has acutally happend.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One time I was walking in and I saw a coyote that was about to attack a deer get eaten by a cougar. Luckily there was an escaped convict in the area and he saw it too so he can verify my story.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've scared up skunks, 'dillos, and oppossums walking in which will get your blood pumping.

I will never forget the first time I walked out to my new stand opening day of gun season 3 years ago. It was extremely foggy and I got disoriented and lost. Once I collected myself, I realized if I went all the way to the fence at the east side of the property I could find my way. Once I got close enough to the fence I got my bearings and found my way but it was a little unnerving.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is going to eat you out there????? You are bigger and more intimidating that anything in the woods. Everything is going to run from you......everything. I have seen skunks, foxes, coyotes, deer, possums, coons and they ALL walked or trotted off. They minded their business and I minded mine. I enjoyed watching them in the dark. I do not use a flashlight when walking into my stands unless I get in the timber and it is pitch black then I turn on a light. I use the natural light and my tired old eyes simply adjust to the conditions.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quail, without a doubt will make me scream like a girl when I jump them at darkthirty. Also, those creapy spiders with the eyes that reflect the light from my surefire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom