what scares you when walking it or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
forgetting where I am or what I am doing!
I hated it when that happenes, and I just look a the gun and wondered what I was doing with it?
did I just kill someone? am I headed out to kill someone? who stole my truck and left me in this woods? Thats who I am going to kill!
Am I dreaming? maybe if I shoot my foot and it doesn't hurt I will know or I will wake up? OR what if I am not dreaming and I shoot my foot off? I will be pissed.
Where is the bathroom? Who is going to feed me breakfast? I wish I would see something to shoot!

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poachers! Have run into a few in my day. Was going into my stand one morning and caught a glimpse of a tail light. I went to investigate, being a private lease and all. The guy evidently heard me coming, because he was down behind the front of his truck trying to hide. Gun raised and at the ready, I yelled at this idiot to come out, he didn't move. Yelled again and told him I was going to put a hole in his truck, and he stood up. Told me some BS story about not knowing it was a private lease while standing about 10 feet from a sign, which his headlights were shining on. I convinced him he needed to leave and gave his tag number to the game ranger, never heard what happened. Gotta be careful in the big bad woods man.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I was in my climbing stand about 45 min before it was even gray out and about 18 ft up this big poplar. Just got up there, hung my pack and settled in when I hear this scratching noise coming down the tree right at me! I look up and theres a porcupine coming down my side of the tree! Look to the left, look to the right, nowhere to go without jumping out of the stand. Fortunately for both of us, about 4 ft above me he scooted around to the far side of the tree and lit a shuck. I think it took about 10 min before I could pull the wedgie due to the pucker factor!

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always frightens me when you fall asleep waiting for daylight.... Start having nice dreams.... Then wake up suddenly and realize.... Holy **** I'm in the woods.... And not in my bed where I thought I was!

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last weekend while setting up my climber there were some leaves off in the distance that sounded just like footsteps...I got up in that tree as fast as I could. Having to untangle my pull up line did not help the situation.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am out in watonga so i know there cannot be to much stuff out there. just curious as to what everyone else thought when walking in or out in the dark in the woods.

the first year i went i was really nervous and they still make fun of me for it about the trees making images and such, i called one on the walkie asking if he was near and he said "no" but i knew i could see him and i was really nervous and once i told them what it looked like never heard the end of it, i swear it looked like a gorilla waving a cell phone at me ( i got out of my stand way before dark that day lol).

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang spider webs...They cover your face and you just KNOW there is a spider big as a pie plate somewhere on you. Cant count the times I have slapped myself silly.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have encountered rattlesnakes on two occasions while bowhunting.
Hearing that rattle without seeing the snake is by far the scariest thing I have encountered heading to my stand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom