what scares you when walking it or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What really scares me, or at least, I think about it every time I go out, start down a hillside, creek bank , etc. is that I slip and break something while in the field. A few years ago I suffered a tib/fib fracture from slipping down a steep bank while duck hunting. Recovery time is not what it was when I was young and now, I think about it every time I take to the field.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What really scares me, or at least, I think about it every time I go out, start down a hillside, creek bank , etc. is that I slip and break something while in the field. A few years ago I suffered a tib/fib fracture from slipping down a steep bank while duck hunting. Recovery time is not what it was when I was young and now, I think about it every time I take to the field.

Nothing like being extricated from a 12' drop off with a dew ezee bed and a tow strap huh?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really scared I might have to shoot the next sumbitch that breaks into my barn. Found the chain cut last night. They attempted to cut the hasp on the lock, but its hardened.

The only thing I can find missing is my tree saw. its a manual from walmart, so they didn't get much, but I needed it to cut some limbs. It had to be a pretty big bolt cutter, as its a 3/8" chain.

There is presently a method to see the jerks in place, should they come back.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really scared I might have to shoot the next sumbitch that breaks into my barn. Found the chain cut last night. They attempted to cut the hasp on the lock, but its hardened.

The only thing I can find missing is my tree saw. its a manual from walmart, so they didn't get much, but I needed it to cut some limbs. It had to be a pretty big bolt cutter, as its a 3/8" chain.

If the law were to changed so that if you hold the rights to a place (rural &5 acres or bigger) and have it clearly posted you can shoot em if ya want. That would curtail a lot of em.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

This is getting really old. There's not hardly anyone that I know, that hasn't had something stolen this year.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my FIL 1000 acres all the hunting is done down off benches. In the Cookson area as you go down hill the hillsides step down as you go lower. Some of the access to the lower benches, you must climb down rock and steep trails. My biggest fear is running into skunks that hide out under the rocky overhangs.

Also, my FIL has several areas of the property that he will never go. He hunted these areas 35 years ago but just feels that there is something not quite right about these particular locations. Seems as though he has had some fairly unusual supernatural experiences in the areas. The land has lots of history from the early 20th century so I think it may have to do with "ghosts" and other "odd" happenings that he had there in the past. Doesn't Eden like to talk about it much. And, no, I don't venture in those areas either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom