what scares you when walking it or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What scared me tonight, was field dressing my buck, and heard a noise behind me. I use a head lamp as it was after dark. When I turned around, there were two bright eyes looking at me from 10 yds. Figured it was a critter, but just to make sure I was not going to get into some rabid critter, pulled the CCW. Walked toward it, and it did a couple of head bobs, then turned away. It was a bobcat. Never had one that close. It was down wind from the field dressing operation, so I'm thinking it was getting ready for a meal. It didn't act scared, so pretty sure its getting a full belly as we speak.

drwarner

Marksman
Reaction score
Anything that moves the second im right beside it. I know i will die in the woods because everytime i go out some stupid rabbit waits till im right next to it before it jumps up and runs off and one day my heart is going to give out.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people that hunt on the other side of the fence, they have stands up right on the fenceline in two areas, one is overlooking a field on their property, to get to one of my stand locations I walk down an old two track that runs parallel to the fence and that field, it's a sunken lane and pretty brushy and Im always worried they are gonna mistake me for a deer and fire a shot off at me.
And skunks.....I hate skunks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out the rationale for this. Is this so we don't freak out the deer, or the other hunters who are also likely carrying deadly weapons?
when it's archery or MZ season, I carry concealed, as that is for self protection, and not a legal means of taking game.
During rifle season, I OC because the hog leg on my hip IS a legal means of taking game.
None of the GW's in my area have said anything about it when we cross paths.

I'm not too sure how the new OC law is going to be interpreted when it becomes law on Nov1

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this time I thought I was a wussy for being scared when walking in. Thanks for making me feel normal. I always jump up an armidillo, but in my mind it is a Mountain Lion that is dead set on tearing out my throat.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ....

attachment.php

Attachments

• deertrail.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 299

Latest posts

Top Bottom