what sort of targets do you guys prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DmEk

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a little curious, what kind of steel targets do you prefer and any specific reasons why or why not. I'm in the market for a new one and any pro cons would be great. Thanks.

mblaney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
8" x 3/8" AR500 steel plates off E-Bay for $37 (Shipping included). Threw together some stands from scrap lumber. Cheap and fun.
I have shot these with 9mm FMJ at 15 yards and 223 at 100 yards with no major damage (only very slight craters from the 223) to the plates.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forward falling would be my choice. Bullet spatter will go to the ground, and wind doesn't seem to affect them as much. The forward falling would be safer too. Some of the real fast USPSA shooters will shoot one twice. One falling forward will reduce the chance of a richochet.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have some new ones at H&H for both rimfires and centerfires for reasonable prices too; just simple little things you shove in the ground but I bet they'd be fine for casual use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom