What the NRA has done for you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have a tough time supporting the NRA knowing that they donated money to Harry Reid and stood silent when Open Carry Bill HB3354 was passed by our legislature and vetoed by our governor.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't want to start another thread on the subject, but today I received 3 calls in one day from the NRA and finally had to have them put me on their do not call list.

I told them the first time that we could not donate any more money right now, the second time I figured it was just a mistake, but was curious as to why they would call back so soon. Upon the third call I told them to take me off their list and that I would finish out my membership for this year since it was paid, but not to contact me via mail or phone anymore.

I think I'm going to let my membership drop if they've got the kind of corporate-attitude running things that leads to being more money-hungry than concerned with 2nd Amendment causes.

The thing is - I gave a lengthy explanation all three times when they called so they would have something on record and not call back within the week/month - didn't know it would lead to more calls that same day.

Reaction score
My brother called me an "ugly dummy face" in 1972, also. But he's done a lot of great things since then. Should I still hold that against him, or look at the *overall* grand total weight of the good and bad things he's done since then - I ask you?

Another question: If the PTA/School Board has a stupid policy or takes an action you don't like, which affects your kids at school, do you (A) Attend PTA meetings, proselytze, vote for different school board members, talk to other parents urging them to vote for new officers, and otherwise try to evoke change from within, toward what will help your young'un, or (B) hammer away at the keyboard on the interwebz griping and complaining, but otherwise not lifting a finger and donating money to actually, ya know, *effectuate change* that will actually help your kid?

Lots and lots of people seem to favor option B here, and you may have a point, but I've got some words for you: Unless you start your post with "This is why I'm a life member of [GOA, SAF, JPFO, or VCDL] instead of the NRA, ....", or "I ran for office as director of NRA myself, after being a member more than 5 years, to try to effectuate change from within, but was boxed out by the propoganda duck-hunting, ban-loving members" - then the piehole on your face.... SHUTEEEEEEEEY! [/K. of Queens]

And is allowing a small "harm" when you're back is against the wall, to prevent a larger harm, REALLY the same thing (as seems to be implied) as CAUSING harm?

Reaction score
And oh yeah, if you haven't noticed, instand background checks are a good thing, not a bad thing, and not unconstitutional, provided the gov't follows the law and destroys the info after 90 days, and doesn't introduce any unconstitutional prohibitions (as they did with Lautenberg). But in a vacuum, and on the whole, background checks for felonies, instant or otherwise, are a good thing which helps us out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom