What to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to my lease thurdays to plant wheat and rye.As i arrived notice that my feed trough had been moved 10 ft or so from where i had it sitting.All the corn on the ground and the feed inside the trough was all gone
somebodys cattle had got in on me.They ate all the feed I had out.Rubbed my camera off the post and then stepped on it breaking it.Thats all bad $100 dollars worth of feed & $100 camera.But i could live with that.Then i drove over to my 2 acre milo field and those sorry arse cows had ate every bit of my milo.i have never been so mad.I had to rent tractor $250.I had go get it and Then take it back.Time working the ground.Sack milo seeds $100, But none of that matters I planted milo to draw the deer in.it was doing really well aslo.It was just starting to turn.Some deer were already starting to feed on it.I am so pist off.They ate every bit of it.I am going to see the cattle owner tomorrow if he do'nt offer any damages.I dont know weather to kick the crap out of him or take him to court.I was counting on that milo to pull deer in.There is'nt any milo within 25 miles of me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough call. It wouldn't be worth my time to take it to court. I would try and get half a beef for the cost of processing, or at least he bring a tractor in and plant a fall/winter food plot for you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they just stomped the milo, it will still attract deer. If they ate all of it, your screwed. He owes you damages or the loan of a tractor, implements, and the cost of seed.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
okie i dont know him at all i rent this place 100 miles from where i live.I have been patience in the past because i am a outsider trying to get along.when i first got the place 2 years ago he always 5 or 6 head on me after repeatly asking him to do something and he never did.I told him i was going to start eating them if he did'nt keep them off me which he did.this is the first time they been on my place in a year.i know accidents happen but the results are the same.Dennis i only had 2 acres there was 30 head and strip every head there was off the milo.parks 788 & ousoonerfan22 i have one plot fence because the last time they kept getting out.but i did'nt have one around this.the fence around my place is crappy,but i do'nt run cattle myself.its not my responseablity to keep his cattle of me its his.And for the record i was raised up on a farm we ran 200+ mama cows all the time and did'nt let our cattle run on other people.i would think as high as they are now he would want to stay on his place

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the same problem on a place I used to hunt, but the cattle owner was purposely letting them on my buddy's property. So, i just started popping them in the butt with #8 shot from about 50 yards away. Wouldn't break the skin, but they sure didn't like it and eventually quit coming around.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I am going to run a electric fence around my property.I am going to see him as soon as I get of the computer. I hope he offers to pay for damages and 1/2 the cost of fence. I just hope I am cooled down enough I think I am but all he would have to say is something stupid and I am afraid it would get ugly which I don't want that to happen. Thanks guys for letting me rant

Latest posts

Top Bottom