What would a an ideal carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering what would a good carry gun be.
This is more for like say spring, summer, and early fall time where you're just wearing a t-shirt.
I'm kinda thinking on the semi-auto side, a revolver would be my "BUG" gun.
I'm no so sure though what to really get... I do like the XDM 3.8 compact in 9mm.
What are some other good carry options? Anything from a full size down to that dumb 22LR derringer thingy. :P
I wish though I could get either a Sig P239 or the HK P2000 SK. But with those prices I might as well buy a full size handgun! :P
So if anyone knows of anything good out there, let me know!
Oh, and don't say Glock's, ain't a big fan really. Their "baby" Glock's are ok but still ain't interested.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M&P Shield
Kahr CM9/CW9
Sig P290

I listed the above since it seemed from your post it was a "budget" minded purchase. If funds are available:
Kimber Solo
Kahr PM9/P9 or even better, a P9 Covert
Sig 938

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M&P Shield
Kahr CM9/CW9
Sig P290

I listed the above since it seemed from your post it was a "budget" minded purchase. If funds are available:
Kimber Solo
Kahr PM9/P9 or even better, a P9 Covert
Sig 938

I do like the Shield, it's decent. I only like the all steel Kahr's. and that lil Sig P290 is to tiny for my fingers! :P
But I have around give or take $800. I don't really care for Kimber. I've thought about that lil Sig P938.
I might get something like a Sig P239 or the HK P2000 SK. I'm also thinking about the XDs and the XDM 3.8 compact, both in 9mm.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
XDS is a great carry gun, mine shot low left consistently, so I sold it (rather than learning how to shoot an entire different platform). The Solo is probably the most accurate pocket pistol I have shot to date, but it is a handful. The Shield is a good carry gun, and I like mine allot. The 938 looks great, but I am not a fan of a single action only that small, if I have to "worry" about cocked and locked carry, I am gonna carry at least a 4" 1911.

For an $800 budget, you could get an M&P Shield, night sights, laser, and a good holster and still have money for ammo and range time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom