What would a an ideal carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XDS is a great carry gun, mine shot low left consistently, so I sold it (rather than learning how to shoot an entire different platform). The Solo is probably the most accurate pocket pistol I have shot to date, but it is a handful. The Shield is a good carry gun, and I like mine allot. The 938 looks great, but I am not a fan of a single action only that small, if I have to "worry" about cocked and locked carry, I am gonna carry at least a 4" 1911.

For an $800 budget, you could get an M&P Shield, night sights, laser, and a good holster and still have money for ammo and range time!

Was the XDs in 9mm or 45? Plus which ever one you had, did it have a lot of recoil?
For me I'm 6 foot and 1 inch, 150lbs. Would I be able to carry a XDM 3.8 compact with an IWB holster during the summer? Like if I just wear a large t-shirt? Or atleast something within that size like a Sig P239 or HK P2000 SK.
I thought competition guns where hard to choose from! -_- :P

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is 16 yrs old. He doesn't know what to like yet! Saturday night and he is not out chasing tail? That is the question? Why not? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't chase tail! I ain't got no game at all! To me I'm one ugly dude, but when I try to they talk to me for a day leading me on, next day, they stop. So I really don't care, besides, guns don't get jealous or angry or this and that like a girl would! :P

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the XDs in 9mm or 45? Plus which ever one you had, did it have a lot of recoil?
For me I'm 6 foot and 1 inch, 150lbs. Would I be able to carry a XDM 3.8 compact with an IWB holster during the summer? Like if I just wear a large t-shirt? Or atleast something within that size like a Sig P239 or HK P2000 SK.
I thought competition guns where hard to choose from! -_- :P

9mm. Recoil was manageable. Not too bad at all, but the PM9, Solo, etc had allot of recoil.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the XDS it was along the lines of the G26 feel, maybe a tad "sharper". The CW9 has more felt recoil than the XDS.

Alright, knowing that now I might get it, my dad has a Kahr cw9 and the recoil on that ain't bad, so if the XDs has less felt recoil than that, then it must be pretty sweet.
Do you know anything about the XDM 3.8 compact as far as recoil goes? I'm gonna probably get one of the two (or both!).

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't chase tail! I ain't got no game at all! To me I'm one ugly dude, but when I try to they talk to me for a day leading me on, next day, they stop. So I really don't care, besides, guns don't get jealous or angry or this and that like a girl would! :P

Haaaa! Oh you will figure out that it ain't just all about looks buddy! Just don't quit trying is the answer. Persistance is the key, and just be yourself. Hang in there and keep after it. You will succeed. You can't go wrong liking guns, that in my book makes you a step ahead of the game!!

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The XDM 3.8 Compact in 9mm is awesome! It has some (very little) recoil, but its a great gun. May be just a tad on the too thick and heavy for carry though, just depends on how you carry, and how much you care about concealment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom