What would you do? Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
o, I've buried boards with nails any place I've seen them drive through the pasture/sand plums.

Wouldn't these be considered booby traps? Are they legal, considering someone in authority responding to an emergency (LE, fire, EMT, etc.) could injure themselves this way?

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't these be considered booby traps? Are they legal, considering someone in authority responding to an emergency (LE, fire, EMT, etc.) could injure themselves this way?
yeah, I'm to the point I don't really give a crap. It is highly unlikely that at emergency vehicle is gonna be on my property in BFE. The county sheriff blew me off twice saying it was a civil matter and there's nothing they could do. So, if the guy is gonna cut my fence or hack down trees, it's a risk I'm willing to take........ Also, "I have no idea how those old boards with rust nails got into the middle of a pasture. Better question is, what were you doing driving on my property."

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, I'm to the point I don't really give a crap. It is highly unlikely that at emergency vehicle is gonna be on my property in BFE. The county sheriff blew me off twice saying it was a civil matter and there's nothing they could do. So, if the guy is gonna cut my fence or hack down trees, it's a risk I'm willing to take........ Also, "I have no idea how those old boards with rust nails got into the middle of a pasture. Better question is, what were you doing driving on my property."

Better pay your lawyer a big retainer now, before you go placing those boards.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Better pay your lawyer a big retainer now, before you go placing those boards.

Why is this shouldn't I be able to put boards with nails through them on my place if I want. Its my place I should be able to with as I want. If I ask to stay off my property more then once and you don't I might need a lawyer and you will need medical help.
what in the heck is wrong with people.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is this shouldn't I be able to put boards with nails through them on my place if I want. Its my place I should be able to with as I want. If I ask to stay off my property more then once and you don't I might need a lawyer and you will need medical help.
what in the heck is wrong with people.

Same reason you should not rig up a set gun inside your house to shoot the thieves that have been stealing from you. There are people who have legitimate reasons to break down your door.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear you Dale00 and I would never put a gun like that in my house because of safety issues harm to the wrong person. That being said I guess I am missing something who would have a legitimate reason to break down my door except maybe fire department.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honey Locust trees are common in Oklahoma. Their thorns have been used as fish nooks, needles, fish spears, and even nails. Pretty cool tree.

moundsparktreetrek.weebly.com_uploads_2_4_9_3_24936036_9061113_orig.jpg

Sorry to get off topic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom