What would you do? Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Place your boards and nails, as long as a sign is hung to indicate a booby trap is present, your within the law.

No you're not, that does not even make sense. You can't put out a device to intentionally wound or maim and not be legally responsible just because you "had a sign out".

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
#shittylegaladvice

I'm no lawyer. It was on the news several years ago where a dude left town and set a booby trap in his house because he had repeatedly been broke into. It was a shotgun mounted to the back of a chair set to go off if the door came open. The burglar came in, got shot (dont think he died) but the home owner was prosecuted because he did not post warning signage out front notifying that the house could be booby trapped.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no lawyer.

i.imgur.com_iWKad22.jpg_35ce1d4eb0f666cd136987d34f64aedc.jpg

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a preacher buy a house adjacent to our wooded land - his first adventure in the country was setting up a blind on my place and killing a doe with his young daughter. We've talked. He said the realtor that sold him the house assured him it would be OK.

Cedar Creek

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"it's a civil matter, we can't get involved."

"You'll have to catch them 2-3 times and have us come out while they're there before the judge will actually do anything"

Is what I've been told when I have called the "authorities".
There's a newer tresspassing statute that they can and should enforce on the first occasion. Alot of agencies dont seem to utilize it for some reason. Its called "recreational tresspass" and encompasses any activity on anothers land.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QtbDEo&usg=AFQjCNEv_bJiO5676E3CZp6s83RX7h1R0g

That should be a link to it, might come in handy...

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^^^^ Our GW knows of this statute, and uses it at landowners request without hesitation. I know of an instance in the last month where about a dozen eastern OK hunters drove all the way over here just to trespass............and get caught...........as they have before a couple of years ago. They left not very happy, again, and this time it was really expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom