Whats a good .22 pistol for fiancee to start with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the $259 Buckmark with the Breast Cancer grips. I am now pricing grips for it as it may be worth it to pick on up for myself, in spite of the pinkies :D

I owned a Ruger 22/45, and liked it, but sold it to a good friend that liked it more than I did. I also was a bit put off by the break down procedure; I always just cleaned the bore and action the way Leighton described.

SeaLevelRam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My petite (4' 10") girlfriend liked the Walther P22. She hadn't held a gun before then.

I gave her an option of what to shoot; she chose it, I suspect because it was smaller and less "threatening" then even my Buckmark Camper.

Whether to let her pick what to buy or whether to buy one for her is the subject of another long thread...

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As of two hours ago, the Academy Store in Edmond has Browning Buckmarks with fiber optic, hi viz front sight and wood grips for $ 259. You won't find them any cheaper than that and I have also owned Ruger .22s and I prefer the Buckmark.
INMO...Definitely my choice too. Only I like the rubber finger groove grips instead of the wood grips. The fiber optic sight is also a big plus.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would think the bersa thunderer, accuate, reliable, reasonable price, and most of all sized and shaped closer to a carry gun than most of the target models. A friend I shoot with, bought one several months ago and it has really been impressive. Of course in the end as, lpd4570, said it should be her choice.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think the bersa thunderer, accuate, reliable, reasonable price, and most of all sized and shaped closer to a carry gun than most of the target models. A friend I shoot with, bought one several months ago and it has really been impressive. Of course in the end as, lpd4570, said it should be her choice.

Bersa Thunder .22 makes a nice little pistola. Got my eye on one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom