Whats better Utah or Florida CCW license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK resident. Good chance I'm going to move to Texas in one year. What is the best option for me, being that I can't get a OK license as it will void if I move out of state?

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Florida is $117. Florida requires no new class if you have any sort of paper proving you have weapons safety training, whereas you have to take a Utah course. I used a 30 year old DD214. My hunter safety cert or my CA CCW cert would have worked just as well.

What does the UT course plus license cost?

I know UT is cheaper on renewal.

BTW, I am not anti-UT. I'll get one of them one day when it is convenient. I could not find a UT course where and when I needed it.

I got a Florida in anticipation of my move to OK, since I knew my old CA permit would be expiring, just like you are planning for your TX. Glad I did, since it will take a few months to get my OK license.

jej

Jza

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I liked about the Florida CWP was that it was, as it's name implies, for concealed weapons. The statutes all say "weapons or firearms", and, at least according to the class that I took there, allowed knives as well (those above the length restriction), and other weapons such as "clubs, billies, tear gas guns, electronic weapons".. blah blah blah. It made it nice to be able to carry my dive knife, and stow the pr24 in the vehicle without breaking any laws.

The couple other states licenses I've had are all specific to firearms.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I liked about the Florida CWP was that it was, as it's name implies, for concealed weapons. The statutes all say "weapons or firearms", and, at least according to the class that I took there, allowed knives as well (those above the length restriction), and other weapons such as "clubs, billies, tear gas guns, electronic weapons".. blah blah blah. It made it nice to be able to carry my dive knife, and stow the pr24 in the vehicle without breaking any laws.

The couple other states licenses I've had are all specific to firearms.

I think it is important to note that... You are still bound by the laws of the state you are standing in while using your permit.

Example: Ut allows you to carry as long as your BAC is below .08, while Georgia does not allow you to carry anywhere that sells alcohol. and others don't allow you to carry where they serve alcohol. It does not natter who issued the permit you are bound by the law of the state you are using your permit in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom