What's the most you'd spend on a knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever paid over $100 for one, I think my Kabar's were about $75 a piece but they don't get used. I do have a never used M9 bayonet that was around $75....I guess $75 is the most I ever spent on a knife. I have a set of Wustof steak knives that worked out to around $60 per knife. I do use those and they are every bit worth the price. I've got another set of Victorinox steak knives that were quite pricy but I don't use them.

I figured there had to be knives I paid more for but after thinking about it, I don't think there is. Unless a sword counts but I don't consider it a knife.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the guys who have $300+ blades, do you really use them or is it a high priced letter opener?

Exactly. I'll bet 99% of folks never do anything other than that.

I've skinned a half dozen elk so far with a Buck Special that sold for $40 back in the day.

I have another Custom knife designed to skin elk, that runs in the $200+ Range.

They both work because I can put a razor edge on either. The expensive knife will do two elk to the one that the Buck Special will do. I guess that's the difference.

For opening envelopes, I guess either would be fine. :D

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SO FAR the most expensive blades I have bought are a strider SnG, Chris Reeves Sebenza 21 (large), and soon a hindered XM-18. I'm a firm believe if I buy it I'm going to carry it and use it regardless of the cost and material. I personally dont have room in my collection for stuff to collect dust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom