What's was the most disconcerting thing involving a gun you ever saw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m going to leave out experiences of my 2010 vacation to Afghanistan. The Marine Corps seems to be good at ensuring traveling wasn’t all that fun, but all too memorable.

I think the most disconcerting was believe it or not an old murder/suicide; as opposed to fresh. Worked as a dog catcher for OKC for a while fresh out of the Marines. Was a good fit. Saw lots of suicides, murders, etc. ended up going out with the OCPD impact team on raids a fair amount of times. They were my kinda people, most of my coworkers couldn’t stomach that sorta stuff. Probably one of the worst things I saw in that line of work was a murder suicide, where the husband lived in the house a few weeks after shooting his wife with a sxs 20ga of some obscure origin and leaving her to die behind a locked bedroom door. The gentleman ended up taking the top of his head off with a single shot shotgun in the bare living room. Funny part is that they had a few dozen cats. My partner and I counted 26 live and about 32 dead, with an additional 5-10 partial dead carcasses. The cats ended up being locked in the home with the dead bodies and started to eat each other and the mans carcass to try and survive. Made for a crappy end of the shift, breaching g the door with ocfd, and trying to pick through the house with ocpd. Ended up putting every live animal in that house down that night due to them being a biohazard. I had seen much worse when it comes to animals eating people, but the hatred and pain felt in that house with the murder/suicide was pretty remarkable, continues to be to this day. I drive by the house to this day; they replaced the windows and doors and are renting it out again.

When were you with AW? I work at the radio shop, about to receive my 10 year pin.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
When were you with AW? I work at the radio shop, about to receive my 10 year pin.
2014-15 I think. Did about a year and a half before I went back to turning wrenches. Worked swing shift with mark, Sheridan and I were constantly driving each other crazy. I was always telling him I would take his job.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had firearms pointed at me on at least two different occasions, and not law enforcement. One was a jealous ex boyfriend of the girl I was dating and the other was a drug addict that later went to prison on two different occasions. Had knives pulled on me also. Luckily nothing ever happened for me to defend my life. I'm going to fight as dirty as it takes to win any physical altercation.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the police pull me over my Sr year of HS right in front of UCO in Edmond. We were surrounded by flashing lights, and they had their guns drawn. No idea who they were looking for, but we were quickly told to leave.

Also, Sr year of high school driving down NW expressway in OKC, had some crazy driver swerving at me, then pulled a gun and pointed it at me at a stoplight at NW expressway and Council. I just floored it and left. Did learn 1986 Dodge Daytona CS can do over 100 mph. I still have no idea why they were so mad at me.

I've be covered many times at H&H with bugger hooks on the bang switch, and in a pistol training class there, and by a shooter in a ccw class when brass went into her cleavage.

Also took a pistol training class with gunbuffer like a decade ago. We had to do a drill ,which in hind site, was beyond stupid. Clear our guns, clear ammo from the room, then draw on each other to simulate stress, etc. I would refuse to do that again, still regret I didn't refuse then.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paul0731 wrote: "I've be covered many times at H&H with bugger hooks on the bang switch, and in a pistol training class there, and by a ccw class when brass went into clevage."

Did the brass into the cleavage leave a scar on your breasts? :wink2:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paul0731 wrote: "I've be covered many times at H&H with bugger hooks on the bang switch, and in a pistol training class there, and by a ccw class when brass went into clevage."

Did the brass into the cleavage leave a scar on your breasts? :wink2:

Nah, if I had cleavage, I wouldn't be bored enough to get on OSA. I'd have better things to look at and play with.

I don't understand the brass thing. I had it land right on top of my nose, right behind my shooting glasses nose piece, the first or second shot of a stage, I just shot the rest of the stage and pulled it out after I cleared. 9mm and 40 brass isn't exactly hot.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 1990-91 I was in the parking lot of the Macdonald’s at 122nd and penn. The guy that was in front of me just stops in the middle of the lot. I’m thinking WTH, get out of my way. He know I was behind him but he gets out with a 1911 of some kind. He just walks around his car like he’s inspecting it for door dings or something. Have no idea why he felt he needed to carry his pistol with him.

I worked closing shift at that McDonald's in the late 90's. While I was at work one night someone was shot and killed at the car wash just next door.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 30 years ago I had a friend who had access to field acreage where there were lots of rabbits running around.

One of us would slowly drive the truck and the others would shoot the flushed rabbits from the pickup bed with our .22 rifles.

I was on the right side of one of the guys one time and we were blasting away at a group of rabbits.

I was somehow right in the ejection pattern of the shells from his semi-automatic .22 and they started hitting my face cheek (saved you the trouble of asking why we shot nude!), sunglasses, and one even dropped down behind my glasses and stuck against the top of my left cheek and bottom of my glasses.

I dropped my rifle and tore my glasses off to try and stop the pain. The shell dropped but left a burn mark where it had stayed for a bit.

That reminded me to never be to the right side of another shooter to this very day. When we do some paired security drills at the gun range with our semi-automatic pistols I always make sure I am on the far left so I don't get any more hot brass beauty marks.

Nah, if I had cleavage, I wouldn't be bored enough to get on OSA. I'd have better things to look at and play with.

I don't understand the brass thing. I had it land right on top of my nose, right behind my shooting glasses nose piece, the first or second shot of a stage, I just shot the rest of the stage and pulled it out after I cleared. 9mm and 40 brass isn't exactly hot.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped the slide of my carry 1911 at the range, and without touching the trigger, it went full auto.

Scared me silly.

The sear spring wasn't engaged on the sear properly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom