What's wrong with this picture?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New CVA Kodiak Pro - Just picked it up today from UPS.

ai109.photobucket.com_albums_n47_cnjarvis_CVA11.jpg

ai109.photobucket.com_albums_n47_cnjarvis_CVA21.jpg

I noticed it after I installed the scope bases so I put the rifle in a Tipton Gun Vise and leveled the rifle via the rear scope base. I then checked the front scope base and the rear sight ramp. Neither are in plane with the rear sight base. I put the cleaning rod sections and the scope leveler on for the photos to illustrate what I found.

I'll be calling CVA in the morning to see what they tell me and I'll report back here.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow thats insane.... any idea how much off center that front sight base is? Hopefully they have a solution. My first guess is maybe removing the front base and redrilling/ tapping in the correct location.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly, the front sight appears to be correctly installed. Looking down the barrel, the front sight is centered in the scope bases and the rear sight is waaaayy off.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called them first thing this morning and described the situation to one of their customer service people. The first question he asked was: "How does it shoot?".

I asked if I could forward some photos of the issue and was given an email address. Photos have been sent.

I'll post again when I get a response.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called them first thing this morning and described the situation to one of their customer service people. The first question he asked was: "How does it shoot?".

I asked if I could forward some photos of the issue and was given an email address. Photos have been sent.

I'll post again when I get a response.

WOW!!! That already gives me doubts about their customer service. I was borderline thinking about a CVA but questioned their quality. Now I'm leaning away from it.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a response from CVA within one hour of sending the photos. The response and their responsiveness are very encouraging.

From the email:
Chris,
I will need your name, address and phone number so that I can send you a prepaid UPS label to send the gun in to us.

No reaction to the photos other than the above.

Will keep you posted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom