What's wrong with this picture?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I finally got the rifle back...

CVA installed a single piece scope base, boxed it up and shipped it. Nothing was done about the alignment of the holes or the rear sight base so it's still not right. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

CVA installed a single piece scope base, boxed it up and shipped it. Nothing was done about the alignment of the holes or the rear sight base so it's still not right. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment.

They should have replaced it with one that was drilled correctly. What they've done leaves you with a rifle of decreased value, since it can't be used with iron sights. I would write a letter to the president of the company explaining how unhappy you are concerning the manufacturing defect and length of time it took the company to make an utterly unsatisfactory attempt to resolve the issue. Ask him to make it right by sending you a brand new rifle and a call tag for the defective one.

If it doesn't happen, post the entire debacle, including pics on every gun and hunting board you can find, then forward the links to the president and their customer service dept.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah - that's crap. I'd call back in and talk to someone's boss until I got assurance that they were going to replace it.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been talking to their head CS guy from day one. I can't say anything bad about the guy. He's always been polite and responsive. Unfortunately, the rifle still isn't "right". I called them this morning and asked to talk to someone above his head and the subordinate CS rep I spoke to would not forward my call above the head CS. Apparently, the head CS guy is the only one who can send me further up the chain. This may be SOP for them but it "smells" a bit. I sent the head CS another email and we'll see what they do from here. As always, I'll keep you posted.

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gents, I just got off the phone with CVA. THEY called ME to apologize for the mistake and to let me know that they will be sending me a new rifle to replace the one I have along with a call tag to send the old one back.

Not only that but because the rifle I purchased has been discontinued, they're sending me the next model above it, the Accura. They've also promised to have one of their gunsmiths go over it to make sure everything is perfect before they send it out the door.

I'll post up again when it gets here.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gents, I just got off the phone with CVA. THEY called ME to apologize for the mistake and to let me know that they will be sending me a new rifle to replace the one I have along with a call tag to send the old one back.

Not only that but because the rifle I purchased has been discontinued, they're sending me the next model above it, the Accura. They've also promised to have one of their gunsmiths go over it to make sure everything is perfect before they send it out the door.

I'll post up again when it gets here.

That sounds pretty awesome man. Lets hope DSA does the same for our gas-port-less friend over in the other thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom