what's your favorite assault rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
not sure if this has been asked before or not so i'm asking.

ar15/m16... ak47... fn fal... h&k g3... galil... etc......

just curious what everyones thoughts are and why they like em.

i personally like the ar-15/m16 because i've grown up with them, i've always been accurate with em, multitude of accessories, easy to change calibers with different uppers, and just simple to operate.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure if this has been asked before or not so i'm asking.

ar15/m16... ak47... fn fal... h&k g3... galil... etc......

just curious what everyones thoughts are and why they like em.

i personally like the ar-15/m16 because i've grown up with them, i've always been accurate with em, multitude of accessories, easy to change calibers with different uppers, and just simple to operate.

Not trying to be nit picky, but an AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle, an M-16 is an assault rifle. An assualt rifle is a select fire (semi-auto and full-auto) rifle firing an intermediate power cartridge. FAL's and G-3 are battle rifles since they fire full power (7.62mm NATO) cartridges. Again, not trying to bust your chops, just making sure we are using the correct terms.

Now, having said that, I too like the AR-15/M-16. I have one of each. I like their modularity and ergonomics.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If we're going actual assault rifles, then the Steyr AUG, cuz it's flippin suh-weet! And because I have no actual experience with any true assault rifle.

If we're going with the media's "assault rifle" meaning anti-constitutionalized "civilian legal" versions of actual "military" assault rifles, then I'll go with the AR-15, as it is the cheapest to get into, modify, and parts are the most available and widely variable to the users needs/wants.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep - its important to be picky with what we call 'em because if we start calling them assault rifles, the libs get that crow-bar a little deeper into the mix because "why would anyone need a rifle that is designed to assault someone".

Look at the 94 "Assault Weapons" ban (I detest the word "Assault Weapon") - at no time in my life have I been more ashamed of politicians who were using misnomer to pass agenda-specific laws and most gun people let it happen by not correcting this bill in its early stages since the word "Assault Weapon" was a made-up term.

I don't even mind mags/clips anymore, but I correct gun people (and non-gun people) all the time when they use the word "Assault Rifle" to describe a semi-auto sporting rifle.

That being said, I like the AR-15 (as I probably won't ever save up for a Pre-86 full-auto conversion or M16), but I'd love to own a semi-auto FAL as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom