What's your Grail Watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm of the same mentality. However, most of the grail watches I will eventually pick up are from JLC. :D

A JLC is definitely on my list of three different pieces that I'd like to own someday. Not really grail watches, but I'd really like to own...

1. Rolex Submariner 124060 (41mm, no date, ceramic bezel insert)

2. Panerai Luminor (haven't narrowed it down to an exact model)

3. JLC Reverso (haven't narrowed it down to an exact model)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A JLC is definitely on my list of three different pieces that I'd like to own someday. Not really grail watches, but I'd really like to own...

Yes to number 2, I don’t know which one either.

my grail list is like 7-8 million for 2 watches. Which leaves me about 11-12 million short.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes to number 2, I don’t know which one either.

my grail list is like 7-8 million for 2 watches. Which leaves me about 11-12 million short.

That second sentence is the perfect signature line and applies here too...lol.

I don't know what it is about Panerai, but I've lusted after them for years. My two favorite watches when I first got into collecting were the Doxa 300 Sub (now I want a Sub 200 T-Graph instead) and the Panerai Luminor.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

+1 for a Reverso. I politely ask to hold a few each year when I'm in Vegas for a trade show. There is a JLC store along the way to the event center that I walk past each day. I used to think I wanted one of their more complicated models. While they are impressive, I'm leaning more and more towards the monoface small-seconds Reverso. You can get them for a cost that lies between an Omega Speedmaster and a Rolex Day-Date.

Maybe one day.

1726875789757.png

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That second sentence is the perfect signature line and applies here too...lol.

I don't know what it is about Panerai, but I've lusted after them for years. My two favorite watches when I first got into collecting were the Doxa 300 Sub (now I want a Sub 200 T-Graph instead) and the Panerai Luminor.
Something tells me we would pick the same Luminor or be really close. The bronze one Stallone (one of his personal watches) he wore in expendables is cool (hate the strap). It’s rare though. https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...ference-pam00382-luminor-submersible-1950-a-2

I just really like most the luminor and/or submersibles

Last edited:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ohh I’ve had a few milestones! First was the Omrga Seamaster 007! Below. Then the Rolex Submariner! Below! At the moment I am on the two tone kick! However, I’d love a gold day date or Speedmaster! oMG!

Attachments

• IMG_8794.jpeg
    IMG_8794.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3211.png
    IMG_3211.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3213.png
    IMG_3213.png