Any Cox technicians in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m remodeling a house and it has several cox boxes I want removed. I’ve tried calling but cox has horrible customer service which is one reason I stopped using them. What is the best way to get rid of these old service boxes?
Why don’t you put a recessed box in this one’s place? The coax running through the Smurf pipe is a little janky though.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it's required by the buyer. In a power outage or bad weather that knocks out the cell tower there's nothing like an actual phone line. I wouldn't have a home without it. It's also great for giving someone a number and not having to deal with spam texts.

When we moved in, '03. Got the AT*T bundle internet, landline, cell.
Had the landlines for 12 years, never rang. And then, 6:00, just sitting down to eat and phone rings. "We're calling about your car's extended warranty."

I ripped the phone out of the wall.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Only getting fiber internet from Grid SW I think it’s called. Nothing else. I have no problem pulling the box off and just leaving the wires in the wall but I don’t know how to get rid of the coax running down into the blue pipe into the foundation

1726892924974.png

The white and blue twisted pair are the old telephone lines that go into the house to the individul rooms to phone jacks in those rooms. Old school wiring, not used any more.

That big black blue plastic wrapped wire is the incoming cable. Cut it off and seal it with expanding foam or caulking. Poof, you're done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom