When being armed is pointless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"In most cases, a minimum reactionary gap of 21 feet is required to react and deliver 2 rounds" when being challenged by an attacker:

Last edited by a moderator:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there still is a point. The first cut may not be fatal, having a gun might stop the 2nd one that would be fatal. Regardless, I'd still rather have the gun in the first place than to not have it.
I still think this may be one of those times when open carry might deter the attack from ever happening.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use to do this training, Shock knife vs holstered M9 with painball rounds. Lets just say, there were a lot of shocks.

We did the same in combat readiness school with the Shock knife and m4's with simulation rounds. They shocked us first to give us a feel so after that even from the 6ft, 10ft, and 21ft I didnt let him get close to me again lol. But we actually had to yell halt and could only charge our weapon if we saw the weapon which they would hide behind their back so we couldnt charge it untill they ran forward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom