Where are all the USPSA people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot OKCGC USPSA, OKCGC Steel Challenge, H&H, & Heartland Outdoors in Edmond every month for years. Shot at Ponca a few times and at USSA in tulsa a few times. Also shot Rimfire Worlds at USSA in Tulsa and at Old Fort as well as area 4 matches shooting and RO'ing.
I never was any good, but I enjoyed it and met a lot of good people.

Wife's Alzheimer's progressed to where I can't really be gone from the house for more than an hour or so to buy groceries and run quick errands, always knew that day would come.

I miss shooting the matches and hanging with like minded folks and the friends I made.
I have setups for Production, Limited, Single Stack, PCC, Carry Optics, and Rimfire Pistol & Rifle

edit: Shooting all the matches got me into reloading too, 9mm, .40s&w, and .45acp

pic.jpg

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved the heartland matches before all the race rigs became a thing there too. Back when it first got going and was a true carry gun match.

You know it never bothered me what anyone else ran. I competed against myself. Well and sometimes Wizard ... I miss that kid ... Lol Well and towards the end, I got good enough that Grumpy was feeling the pressure. 🤗🤗🤗 I was always tickled with myself when I could outshoot him on a stage. Didn't happen often but it was nice when it did. 🤷😎😎🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My setup was pretty much budget oriented, but I loved getting in there and sending lots of rounds down range.
The match directors always came up with some devious stages that would test your skills.
I was in Dallas prior to Covid and one of the match directors there is a jerk lol. We would occasionally do non affiliated matches and he would make stages that were all headshots, or all single handed or one was 30 yard hostage shots.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know it never bothered me what anyone else ran. I competed against myself. Well and sometimes Wizard ... I miss that kid ... Lol Well and towards the end, I got good enough that Grumpy was feeling the pressure. 🤗🤗🤗 I was always tickled with myself when I could outshoot him on a stage. Didn't happen often but it was nice when it did. 🤷😎😎🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I guess I let it get to me. It was advertised as and started as a carry gun match. I truly wanted to see how I stacked up in that manner but before you knew it people were showing up with full race rigs for that little thing.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I let it get to me. It was advertised as and started as a carry gun match. I truly wanted to see how I stacked up in that manner but before you knew it people were showing up with full race rigs for that little thing.

Oh I don't disagree with you about people doing what people do. I guess part of why I didn't let it bother me is I'd been shooting for a whole month when I shot my first match.

OMG I was horrible. Safe, but horrible. And to the fellas credit out there not a single, solitary man razzed me (okay but THAT was just all fun and games) or tried to get me to quit. Not that it would have mattered if they did. I am a firm believer that you cannot be competent with a firearm without taking the time to learn how to shoot under pressure.

I learned so much from each of those guys -- even the ones that were pushing the edge of the envelope with their gear. Some of them have moved on to the next realm, but they are still in my heart. And those that are still with us are still pretty good fellas -- even if they spiced up their gun so they could have that little edge ... 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom