where are we at in the rut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a nice buck chasing a doe and yearling Sat. morning. He was about 10 seconds behind them and trying to catch up. Came by my stand just after 10 am.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from my lease and saw 2 more fresh scrapes and several bucks moving. No real indicators of action though. had 76 pictures in 48 hrs which is up a bit from the past two weeks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw 4 does, 3 fawns and 7 bucks tonight. All bucks were interested in the does but only the two biggest ones(nice but not shooters) hounded them and were grunting. Bucks came by about 10min apart and checked out does that were feeding.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 4 does go by last night and then my cactus buck was shortly behind them in almost a jog. I grunted and he never even looked my way. This morning I had a little forker come in all by his lonesome. He usually has a couple running buddies with him. This was the first time I have seen him solo. Yesterday around 12:30-:45 my girlfriend got home from picking up the kiddo from school and damn near took out a big buck in the driveway. Hopefully we are getting close.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ok, gonna drag this one up again. i havn't been out much since i got my deer with the xbow. so whats everyone seeing? i'll be up by aline west of enid this weekend and heard they were chasing but would like some more confirmation. what are you seing in your part of the state!

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen signs of it last week but haven't been in the woods much since daylight savings time ended my after work hunts. Then it was so windy and I didn't have anyone to watch the kiddo this weekend so I could go. Hopefully the wind settles down some for this weekend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 6 does in the food plot, when a shooter 8 point came to his scrape, pee'd, rubbed his. Branch, ate a little wheat and went on his way. Some of the does actually walked by him. He didn't seem too concerned.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on my way to work this morning i was a little early, so i took a back road that goes a mile off the highway through some woods. i seen a nice 8 or 9 point about 80 yards off the road just standing out in the field. i stopped and watched it for a little bit and it just stood there staring back at me. then a doe ran by about 10 yards behind the buck and he turned and took off after the doe.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched an 8 point and a small forky eating clover last night along with a doe. Nobody was concerned about the others presence. The few does that I monitor have changed their attitude in the last 5 days. I feel they have bred and are content with just eating. Things should heat up again around Dec 5th.

Latest posts

Top Bottom