Where can I get good fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Memphis, there was a restaurant called Buntyn's Cafe next to the railroad tracks and near MSU. The waitresses and cooks were all little old ladies. Linoleum covered table tops. All "homemade" food. Always packed with customers. I ate a lot of really good fried chicken, fresh baked rolls, and warm apple pie there. Does any place like that still exist near OKC?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been told that Eischen's is the best thing ever and I've been told that it's meh to meh-minus. I never order fried chicken when I'm eating out, so all i can do is muddy the waters.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've been told that Eischen's is the best thing ever and I've been told that it's meh to meh-minus. I never order fried chicken when I'm eating out, so all i can do is muddy the waters.
I like it. Cash only but they do have an ATM at the front door. Be prepared for a long wait to get a table and longer wait to get your chicken.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been told this is one of the best in the state. I am looking forward to trying.
https://eischensbar.com/
Top notch last time I was that way which was 10 yrs ago. Good eating, took some to go with us. Stopped on the way home to bring some back for the family to try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom