Where Do You Buy Used Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course here, in the classifieds and Armslist have always been my go to. But is there any other avenue where I am not aware of?

I dont mean like gunbroker or something where they are shipping to an FFL, but other places to find FTF local ish guns to buy?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course here, in the classifieds and Armslist have always been my go to. But is there any other avenue where I am not aware of?

I dont mean like gunbroker or something where they are shipping to an FFL, but other places to find FTF local ish guns to buy?

classifieds on local websites works for me. armslist. personally, i wouldn't do a FTF local transfer unless it was tied to a website or gun show, because there's a lot of risk otherwise. With a website between you and the individual, i feel like you have at least some protection.

the problem is that oftentimes 'used guns' cost almost as much as brand new ones. very inflated. buying on the internet and waiting for a deal is often your best bet unless there's a specific gun you want. Have you checked out /r/gundeals on reddit?

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pawn shops but you're lucky to see anything worth having there that you couldn't get new for almost the same price. Lots and lots of shotguns at pawnshops. The occasional milsurp rifle. And of course cheapo potmetal pistols.

There's always gunshows, but I don't feel like prices have ever normalized at gunshows since Obama's first term. I went to Spring 2021 Wanenmacher's and it was just overpriced hunting rifles, overpriced private sellers, and tables upon tables of the cheapest AR-15 builds possible selling for ~$1,000. And ammo for 30-50cpr higher than it was going for online at the time. There wasn't even a good beef jerky or ww2 memorabilia table.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course pawn shops, but I try to avoid the FFL fees and taxes if possible.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah i have to say i used to go to gunshows to see firearms that were somewhat rare, exotic, or desirable.

now it's just glock 19's, ar's, bolts, shotguns. maybe i'm jaded but they seem really lame now.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course pawn shops, but I try to avoid the FFL fees and taxes if possible.
If your concern is the 4473 there aren't any sort of secret cool kid clubs where people just buy and sell guns without paperwork except the kind that get you free room and board in a federal facility. Lol.

yeah i have to say i used to go to gunshows to see firearms that were somewhat rare, exotic, or desirable.

now it's just glock 19's, ar's, bolts, shotguns. maybe i'm jaded but they seem really lame now.
Yeah you really just have to get lucky and score a good find on the used rack at a gun store or be willing to give up some organs for something neat on armslist/gunbroker. Both milsurp and combloc collecting have gone from the poor man's pleasure to the rich man's hobby. And if you are trying to buy modern production online-only dealers almost always beat out local shops by more than shipping and transfer fees cost

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your concern is the 4473 there aren't any sort of secret cool kid clubs where people just buy and sell guns without paperwork except the kind that get you free room and board in a federal facility. Lol.
Armslist, various forums. No 4473 required. Don’t know if those are technically “cool kids clubs” or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom