Where do you Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you hunt?

• Individual Lease

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Lease w/ Group/Club

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Public Land

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Your Owned/Family Land

Votes: 51 50.0%

• Total voters

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I started this poll because I was curious to know if Oklahoma was moving in the direction of Texas with leased hunting land being the main source of access.

I am glad to see that public/private/permission seems to be how the majority of us hunt. I think that our wildlifedepartment is doing a great job in providing public hunting grounds and to hear that people are still granting permission versus looking for lease bonus makes me even happier.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I started this poll because I was curious to know if Oklahoma was moving in the direction of Texas with leased hunting land being the main source of access.

I am glad to see that public/private/permission seems to be how the majority of us hunt. I think that our wildlifedepartment is doing a great job in providing public hunting grounds and to hear that people are still granting permission versus looking for lease bonus makes me even happier.

Sadly, the way of Tx is coming our way faster than you think.
From what I hear, its tough getting permission to prarie dog hunt in the panhandle as tx outfitters have leased up lots of it.
The area I hunt use to be easy to get permission on, but instate people with resourses have bought most of the hunting land for themselves. I don't have a problem with that, but its just the way hunting/fishing is going.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public land for deer and ducks. Duck hunting isn't too bad as long as you get there early...if not you might have trouble finding a decent spot. It's a coin toss for deer. I typically don't have any trouble getting a meat deer on public land, sometimes you get idiots walking by you at all hours of the day, other times you don't see a soul.

I've also got 40 acres of private land to hunt. It's not the best, but I saw a few deer out there last year, including a couple bucks.

possum skinner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my early years, I deer hunted private land. You did not have to lease, just ask the landowners. About 20 years ago, it got so that there were just too many people running around in the woods to suit me with my young boys out there with me. So, I started looking for a place to buy. Now I hunt exclusively on my own property, just walk out of the house and start hunting. In our neck of the woods, you can still find landowners willing to let you hunt, but it is getting harder all the time.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I primarily bow hunt a lease in NW OK that a buddy and I have. Will be hunting a friends place too that is a little closer to the house. I also have access to my brother in laws place up in north central OK. If all these places aren't producing, I'll hunt up at Canton on the public land as well. I saw does almost everytime I went to Canton last season. So I pretty much hunt all the options in the poll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom